Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a 2006 Ford Focus ZX4 with the single CD/MP3 player. Twice I made the mistake of trying to put in a CD with radio turned off. It went in but didn't play and the system acts like there is no CD in there at all. When I press eject it says No CD. If I put in a second (third) CD with the system on it plays that CD just fine as if it was on the only one there. I read some posts on these formus and most of them were for the 6 CD verison of the player. I tried fishing it out with a laminated card but that did not work.

Last time it happened I went to the dealer and they thought I was insane and said that they couldn't find anything wrong. All my friends laughted at me. This time I called some independent audio stores and they don't do work onsite -- they send units out for service and charge $250. $250 to get a couple of CD's back???? I could buy 20 new ones for that price, or more. It would just be cheaper to replace the CD's. Anybody have any other ideas I could do on my own to get these CD's out? I'd like to avoid if at all posible taking the unit out of the dash, but maybe I can get my pastor who works on cars on the side to do it if there are no other options.

Thanks,
Joel

·
Registered
472 Posts
You sure you didn't insert the cds in a slot in the dash near the CD slot? Most CD players don't have the room to hold more than 1 CD at a time and probably could not play with more than 1.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts