1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im holding off on the intake for now, so i have a choice:

eibach pro-kit lowering springs

or steeda short throw shifter and progress rear sway bar

ALSO: if i were to get the pro-kit lowering springs, would i have to get new shocks/struts right away

if not i long can i go with out them?

·
Registered
951 Posts
I can't give you an exact answer since I changed everything at once, but I heard you have about a yr or so. I would recommend doing it all at once.

Go cat-back........Magnaflow on Ebay for $235.00

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Where? Magnaflows for the Zetec won't work.

If you do springs, its highly suggested that you do dampers at the same time as well. Of your choices, I'd go for the shifter and rear sway bar.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Would not waste my money on a sway bar personally.

I have the pro-kit and no camber kit was needed except I think I need to see an alignment shop, the rear passenger side makes noise like it's a truck tire. They work fine on the stock dampers unless you are into auto-x or are something. No extra bouncing, nice firm ride and great feel when you yank the wheel.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Don't underestimate the sway bar. But they do work better as a way to fine tune a suspension. And dampers make up a large portion of the suspension tuning. Plus, stock ones will wear out much quicker with the shorter travel. No sense doing the work twice when you have to replace them.

·
Registered
847 Posts
game cube is another waste of money, wish I never bought one :(

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
eggyolk said:
game cube is another waste of money, wish I never bought one :(
Whats wrong with gamecube? I absolutely love mine!!!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
performance, performance, performance. lowering springs are nice but if you cant get to the speed to where they are useful then whats the point, if it was me i would get either a throttle body or an intake.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The throttle body has not been shown to make any actual gains. The big restriction in this car is the intake, also the cams need a little help especially in the top end.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Zarelli6 said:
performance, performance, performance. lowering springs are nice but if you cant get to the speed to where they are useful then whats the point, if it was me i would get either a throttle body or an intake.
Hey Zarelli, I notice all your cars mods and can't help but wonder, do you have a steering wheel or does your car only go straight? Try autocross and you'll change your views on suspension.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I would have to agree with egz on this one, given your choices, and yes I would replace them both at the same time if doing the suspension

·
Registered
65 Posts
dont hole off on the intake what are you thinking that the best bet

1 - 20 of 23 Posts