Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for thoughts on upgrades. What would you do with just $1000 to performance upgrade your MK3?

MODS ALREADY:

K&N INTAKE

MUFFLER REMOVED GLASS PACKS INSTALLED

THATS IT...

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
The two best bang-for-buck mods are a rear sway bar and rear engine mount, both of which fall well under your budget.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I'd like to adjust my flippant answer to match Twenty's. I'd say go for those two pieces and maybe even the upper mount, then bank the leftover for a while and think on it. No need to rush right?!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Where are you located? I love snow tires.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
You can get away and under budget by doing springs and a swaybar instead of coils. Id also look into the e focus rmm a header and a tune. At that point you will be close to fully bolted on and way under budget. I also saw on a facbook page someone is sell8ng the mid section of an fswerks race exhaust for $75. That will increase yiyr exhaust diameter by half an inch and allow your car to breath better resulting in more hp. At that point you can add your own resonator and axleback portion.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
$200 -springs
$175 -sway bar
$400- tune
$75 - RMM (you can find them cheaper)
$75 - exhaust piece
Remaining $75 finush exhaust.
Thats how i would spend the $1000 if i was set on spending it all on performance. You'd be looking at a significant performance increase that you would definitely feel.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Haha yeah. We still need to meet up sometime soon man.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You can get away and under budget by doing springs and a swaybar instead of coils. Id also look into the e focus rmm a header and a tune. At that point you will be close to fully bolted on and way under budget. I also saw on a facbook page someone is sell8ng the mid section of an fswerks race exhaust for $75. That will increase yiyr exhaust diameter by half an inch and allow your car to breath better resulting in more hp. At that point you can add your own resonator and axleback portion.
The e focus rmm, is it just as good as an aftermarket part? I think I saw one online for like $25 and was curious.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts