Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking to buy a gopro type camera. My uses for it are both car related and non. My issue is, i dont know where to start and what to look for, so.. i figured i would post what i want it for, what i hope i get out of it, and see if anyone can help/recommend something. I am hoping to have it well before focusfest so i can use it during.

I would like to mount it to my car to get neat pictures/video while driving. Thought this would be cool if in a caravan coming in. I've seen it online and in youtube videos, but i know nothing about this.

I would also like to be able to use it under water. Not super deep, but i free dive and like to record fish in their natural habitat (also in my fishtanks/ponds.)

I am read something about a separate device that you can take the micro/sd card and insert it into, then plug into your phone for uploading to social media/the tube. Is this true?

I want good quality video (1080p) and have pretty good mega pixels (over 10mp)

I do hiking and kayaking and other outdoor sports, would like to be able to mount to something and record our adventures.

Anyone wanna give advice/their input?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hiya. Did you have any luck so far? I'm new to action cameras myself so can only given limited info. I bought a gopro hero 5 black about month ago to be mounted to my motorcycle as was getting worried by all the near misses of people swerving out on me, overtaking dangerously close etc and wanted it on cam for evidence if I ever needed it. May get smaller ones to hide on motorcycle though as worried about the go pro in some ways.Yet to mount to bike but so far impressed with footage. Not used it much lately though.

If it's for car only, I bought 2 cheap dash cams (apeman C470) on special off amazon (less than ?100 including delivery) and footage is surprisingly good. Even looked better light wise than go pro (will need to put both on screen to confirm).

Have you heard/seen the goxtreme camera? It has replaced gopro in alot of stores here (Ireland) and has similar specs, accessories and is waterproof. Seems to be half price to go pro too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Go Pro makes a really nice camera. I bought a second generation HD GoPro when they first hit the market and I used it not only riding and racing mx but also when I took my truck to the desert. I made sure to get the motorsports pack so I would get the suction cup for my truck. I absolutely loved it and used it every time i rode or took my truck to the desert. Unfortunately someone decided they needed it more than i did and it went missing. Id like to get a new one when funds permit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No luck so far, but a dash cam is not what i want. A guy i work with said he was going to let me borrow his for a week (3 weeks ago now) and I have yet to see it.

I like the idea of the motorsports pack, just need to decide if this is what i want/need or if i should just forget about it until i have done all my research. If i got one for FF, I would need it soon so I would have enough time messing around with it to be comfortable.

Thank you both for your feedback. I do think a gopro might be what i need (and i do alot of other outdoor sheit it can work well with.)

Thank you guys!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice, I'm actually thinking of buying gopro now, may really save some skin sometimes and I can already think of thousands fun ways to apply it :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you want the least amount of bs I'd suggest getting a GoPro 5 or 6, image quality and 120FPS for slowmo is a winner.
Especially for vlogging anything less than a 5 or 6 the image just looks rubbish.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Go Pro is a very beautiful camera. Go Pro hero 7 black: Review, features, specs, demo, test, advise and sample footage + compare w ith the Gopro Hero 5 black.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts