Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
damn...my buddy is going to be pissed when he finds out how much he could have saved,....he just spent 130 each on those tires

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Ya! I picked up a set WITH a $50 rebate. Sweeeet! Also, there ZR rated tires. The oldest tire in the group has a date code of 2005. So they have aged some but still at least 4-5 years left in them. Only prob I had was finding 16" wheels with the correct offset. Many more choices in a 17"

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Ya! I picked up a set WITH a $50 rebate. Sweeeet! Also, there ZR rated tires. The oldest tire in the group has a date code of 2005. So they have aged some but still at least 4-5 years left in them. Only prob I had was finding 16" wheels with the correct offset. Many more choices in a 17"
The media has misled people. A tire that sits in a factory warehouse or tireracks warehouse is still going to be brand new because it has lived it's life in a temperature controlled atmosphere. Tires that sit on a tire rack outside of a tire shop for 3 years in sun and snow are the ones you need to worry about.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Well they certainly look new. The sidewalls don't have a single scuff. I saw that show (video now?) same as everyone else. They did not specify whether storage conditions make a diff. I suppose it would.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
154 for mine

·
Registered
206 Posts
Man...I just got a set of new tires a few months ago, which should last me another couple of years at least. Otherwise I would definitely jump on this deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts