boss
visonik
pioneer
eclipse

im trying to figure out the best one to get out of these

·
Banned
263 Posts
hifonics = great mid- entry level with tried and true designs. a real audio brand. would own

Boss = copy cat designs low level performance no engineering sold on non important features and flash. bottom of the audio world

visonik = same as boss. bottom line.

pioneer = exceptional sound boards and compression rates in source units. every product extensively researched and developed. speakers are not always the best in sound and performance but are no where near bottom, with exceptional durability. speakers are great entry to mid level. source units among the best. and amps with some of the cleanest sound out there. pricing is everything you get a tried and true reputable company for a little more than ones like boss.

eclipse = some of the best performing stuff. zero flash here on most products just pure performance. tad pricey but uses only the highest grade circuits and materials. mid to high end products. with exceptional components and amps. japanese company designed for japanese users menus and operating functions on headunits may be a tad complicated for the average consumer in north america as the japanese are alot more tech savvy per average person.

my two recommendations all pioneer or pioneer head unit and speakers with hifonics amps

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got two more
ma audio
and diamond audio

·
Banned
263 Posts
ma audio = decent entry level amps. have what they call class x amps which are exceptional amps they have a HK10KA with 5000wrms. have great mid level components. would only use there mid to high line subs. they also offer a seperate 6.5" mid bass driver. which is always nice. there low level line is just that and there is a big price jump from there low to high level.

diamond audio= is a true high end brand. there new TDX motors put a small magnet inside the voice coil. their new hex pro line sounds AMAZING on one of their d6 amps. you cant go wrong with this brand as long s everything is installed built and tuned correctly. one of the very best out there for SQ. they also make a shallow sub with the magnet on the front so its super slim. kinda cool

i see you are just checking around look into MMATS, REALM, DLS, CDT, BRAVOX

Reactions: gstop2006

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just got a BLAUPUNKT london MP48 is it any good??

·
Banned
263 Posts
and to save alittle money on some high end stuff look into woofersetc.com and check out there open box section. also DONT buy diamond over the internet no warranty alot of high end companies are like this

·
Banned
263 Posts
coulda done better in the 180 dollar range i think toese sell for like 160-180. better offerings in that class from pioneer kenwood and panasonic. but not the worst

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
im gonna say alpine type r's but just becuse thats what i have and i love them...the way i see it no sub will make good bass without a good box

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have two MA1000XL. I have owned them for a little over 2 years now. They are great. Sound good, hit hard. Not super loud, but not too bad for a couple tens. And I got it all for free.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea free is how much i wanna pay lol

i kno i kno u pay for quality

i was thinking bout doin a ported single 12'' subwoofer box wit a 600w hifonics sub i wanna do it for cheap but i want it to be reliable and of good quality

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am heavily considering two hifonics 12s and a hifonics amp. Possibly three 12s and a bigger amp but don't know how much money I will have when the time comes. I like many different companies though. I am going with Hifonics because of the deals I get. American Bass is pretty good too.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was thinking that two there cheap on ebay

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
I say Memphis audio. I love there speakers, subs, and amps.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
hey g-stop you should do what i did. its not aht expensive. and is good for rockfords db law.

i have a pioneer premier shallow 8" svc sub with a 250 rms and a 500 peak. i put this in an unmodified svt audiophile enclosure after pulling the white foam pad out and sealed it using plumbers putty (its like playdoh that will never harden.) i ran the wires out the back of the box and sealed that too with more putty. after bolting it into the place it sits in the car. (in the trunk drivers side. its a factory part) and running the wires to my amp i had amazing sound out if it, for its size of course. the beauty of my little setup is that you can have your stereo cranked and not be in violation of rockfords stereo laws. (hell i was in chicago 2 weekends ago and had it blaring in the car at a bww and no one could hear it 20 ft from the car. however sitting in it would make you wonder what size it was.

high end components a a 5 channel amp with a lot of dynamat in the car (and fixing some busted panels) is going to make is sound epic in there.

and remember at teh end of the day its only yo that has to live wit hit. loud bass is fun but the weight and the tickets are not worth it.

Reactions: HaveBlue83

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
hifonics
Junk
boss
Junk
visonik
Junk
pioneer
Alright to "good" depending on model
eclipse
Good

I say Memphis audio. I love there speakers, subs, and amps.
Boston, Memphis, JL.
I run a kicker now, but its getting replaced asap. I didnt realize how terrible it really sounded until recently. CVR 400 RMS something or nother. Got it stupid cheap. Its loud, but, meh, its so sloppy.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think you should check out the RE Audio RE series.....my current setup is a set of RE 8D4s, US Amps Xterminator 800.2, and a custom slot port box from woodlawn cabinetry that was built to spec. I think I have a total of $350 dollars in the whole setup and it was just as loud as the set of JL Audio 12W1v2s, JL Audio E1400D Amp, and AE slot port box I was running. If you check out www.shipsound.com they carry RE & US Amps, and if you look around on the web and find a lower price they will match or beat the price.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
can some one tell me about the kenwood subwoofer im thinking about getting it

1 - 20 of 61 Posts