Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post shops you have had good experience with. This list should help us all find good mechanics or at least a caring shop in the North East where we can take or Focus and not worry about them.

Please format accordingly, feel free to add comments after-

Name:
City/State:
Person:
Website(N/A):

I'll start off-
Name: Monro Muffler, Brake, & Service
City/State: Somerville, MA
Person: Fitz
Webiste: N/A

WitchcitySVT hooked me up big time, his friend Fitz installed my shocks/struts and springs at a great price. He was very friendly and did a great job.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Name: Karl's East Coast Speed
City/State: Warwick, RI
Person: Karl Jr
Webiste: http://www.mustangmall.com/about.html

Specializes in crazy Mustangs but they installed my Eibach Prokit. Nice respectful guys, didn't treat me as a stupid girl, suggested it was begging for a turbo/SC (no FI for Duratec out then), now that it handled better. Minor note- Tiny shop (no waiting area). Reasonable prices and top-notch work. No alignments done, so you'll need to go to Sears or something. Also, they have a Dyno there.

H

·
0 Posts
Name: Far East Automotive
City/State: Braintree, MA
Person: Tony
Website(N/A):

First rate service. Mostly an import place, that I used when I had a Nissan Maxima. He has serviced the SVT Focus when I was unable to or did not have time.

Very trustworthy. He had my Maxima when it was having problems. I attempted to diagnose it without success, left it for him and although he was unable to diagnose it himself he did try so many things and did not charge me for his time because he could not diagnose it. Definitely a good man.

2 man shop - Highly recommended.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Name: Landon's Tire
City/State: Willimantic, CT
Person: (N/A)

They have done an alignment on my car twice now. Great customer service and prices. They also installed my SPC rear upper control arms and quoted me at 1 1/2hrs of labor. It took them 1hr and 10min to get one bolt out and about three hours for the entire install. They still charged me for 1 1/2hrs since that was the quote. If I ever need tires mounted/balanced or any other suspension work done, I'm going there.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
03_SPI_sedan said:
Post shops you have had good experience with. This list should help us all find good mechanics or at least a caring shop in the North East where we can take or Focus and not worry about them.

Please format accordingly, feel free to add comments after-

Name:
City/State:
Person:
Website(N/A):

I'll start off-
Name: Monro Muffler, Brake, & Service
City/State: Somerville, MA
Person: Fitz
Webiste: N/A

WitchcitySVT hooked me up big time, his friend Fitz installed my shocks/struts and springs at a great price. He was very friendly and did a great job.

I second that. Fitz is always willing to work with an aspiring gearhead.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Name: Power House Performance and Machine
City/State: Tauton, Ma
Person: Andrew

Andy is a top notch engine builder that can do it all. I first started going there when I was building my 1953 Ford F100. He ported and polished the heads along with some oher machine work. Ive spent hours just talking to him after hours about cars, racing and what direction I should be heading in. He is a honest guy that will tell you how it is. I respect that very much. I wouldnt go anywhere else when it comes to performce cars and squeezing every little bit of power out of them.

I know of many more shops within hour travel time, but Power House is where you want to be to have work done.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Name: Goodyear/Gemini
City/State: Worcester, MA (Rt 9, Boston Turnpike)
Person: Adam (manager)
Website(N/A): ?

Drove here on a donut over MA Tax-Free Weekend looking for a tire (or set of 4) to get back to WV for classes on Monday. Everyone was sold out of 17" Focus-ok tires. Adam tried one that was a maybe, but it rubbed. He then called about 5 connections until he found a set for me. Went to pick them up, installed on the car and got me on my way. Also, the found tires were pricier than the original (rub) tire, but he gave them to me for the cheaper price, even though I had no choice but to buy them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
can anyone recommend a good shop on Long Island area? I can't stand the shop i go to right now i don't think they know their head from their ass...but its one of those things like my dad has been using them for soo long and its right around the corner so i just go there

·
Registered
216 Posts
Name: WildCards Performance/Automotive
City/State: Hooksett NH (5 minutes off exit 1, rt. 101) 15 minutes from center of Manchester, 45 minutes north of Boston
Person:Brian Rice, Owner. Keith Lodge, Mechanic
Website(N/A): WildCards Performance
Comments: Great shop for not only performance, suspension, brakes, cars, trucks, motorcycles, and even ATVs, WildCards now does NH State inspections, Oil Changes, vinyl decals, T-shirt/sweatshirt screen printing.
Brain and Keith have their share of Car/Truck/Motorcycle performance background, and are always looking for new projects. I take my car there for all the big projects i need done in a hurry, as well as my motorcycle. These guys are knowledgeable, know what theyre doing, and will tell you how it is and why straight up. Check them out at their website for more info.

·
Registered
148 Posts
ny_03svt said:
can anyone recommend a good shop on Long Island area? I can't stand the shop i go to right now i don't think they know their head from their ass...but its one of those things like my dad has been using them for soo long and its right around the corner so i just go there
i second this request.

·
Still Crusin
2,028 Posts
I would also like to know of one on Long Island

·
Registered
148 Posts
I know realspeed in bohemia will do work on a focus and even dyno tune. My brother goes there for dyno tuning his mustang and some suspension stuff. It is a sct dealer but you'll have to check to see if he has your pcm code in his computer. Also, its just one guy I think, so scheduling a time with him might be hard.

http://www.realspeedautomotive.com/

He doesn't sell focus parts but I'm pretty sure he'll do work on one.

anyone know of other shops on LI?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Body Shop

Name:prestige Auto Body
City/State:poughkeepsie, NY
Person:Rob Zahurak
Website(N/A):

Mine was the first ZX3 to SVT front bumper they've done, but the work they did was perfect! Took a bit longer than planned due to getting parts, but it seems to run that way with all body shops...

·
Registered
148 Posts
np btw where in bethpage are you? I live by the 7-11 and carvel on wantagh ave north of hempstead turnpike. Went to Island Trees growing up.

·
Registered
92 Posts
im on the complete opposite side of bethpage...lol...on the bethpage/plainview border..i went to bethpage high

·
Registered
148 Posts
yeah I figured. I hate how things are zoned around here...live in Bethpage, went to Island Trees, considered town of Hempstead. I commute to the city for work every day and can't park at the Bethpage train station because i'm not town of Oyster Bay. Therefore I go to Bellmore lol.

...don't see many svtf's in this area

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Name: Volsar Automotive
City/State: Medford, MA
Person: Gus
Website(N/A): http://www.volsarauto.com/

Been my family's mechanic for years. He's a good guy, fair prices, and honest. I wouldn't say they are the cheapest around, but they are on the lower end and for the price you are getting good work. Customer service is excellent, highly recommend this shop.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Name: Imperial Ford
City/State/Address: 5 Capre Road, Route 140. Milford, MA 01757
Person: Jason Maille - Parts Manager
Phone number: 1-508-473-2800

Imperial has sold me 2 cars (my origional zetec ZX3 and my SVT) and has always been great service wise and helping me with warranty work, and did my new clutch and flywheel. They are a Roush dealer, and as of friday they will be a Ford Racing Performance Parts dealer too! Friendly people and great customer service. Never had a bad expierience with them, ever.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts