Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone im a noob but ive been reading the fourms trying to come up with a not to exspensive build for my 06 zx3 im looking for prettey good gains my neibhor is bugging me keeps saying focus engine sucks the fall apart easy.. is this true? he thinks he all that he has a beat intagra gsr motor with custom intake and a race header thats it and he thinks its the shit i want to smoke him to put him in his place =]

this is the set up i came up with tell me if its good or if there is some things u think i should change!

1: crane cam stage 2- cam+spring kit from marcy motorsport.
2: draxas 4-1 racing header
3: focus-sport- flex back exhaust with steath muffler
4: focus-sport- cool air intake

total 1,546.10 before tax and shipping

do u think i would have good hp gains with this set up?

i just dont have the money to spend 3k for fs stage 1 turbo then another 1-2k for stage 2 kit

thanks for looking at my set up and plz give me feed back i want to smoke this damn beat up gsr integra!!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
that looks like a good list.

but if u plan to put stage 2 cams i think the cosworth headers will be better because they have biger primeris or whatever.

for the intake i think FS is the best one. because its in stock all the time and it has one of the best filter out there.

for the exahust i think borla makes a good product. because its 2.5 all the way, and it has a good sound the down side is that it will be very loud with the headers. the FS with the stealth muffler is a good system but the problem is that its 2.25 and it can be a bit restrictive if u plan to put stage 2 cams.

i think if u order the headers from FS u can get a free flex, so the price is almost the same as the draxas.

after u get the cams as the last step i think u should get a tune. and with stage 2 cams a tune is a must.

if u get I/H/E/cams/tune, i think u can take the gsr. i can take them and i only have I/H/E second cat/tune. but the diff is that i have a 2.3l engine

hope this helps

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Seems like u have a good setup because I am going cosi intake manifold, stage two from cosi which includes TB, header, cams, and tune. Then I am going to get flex and then thats prolly it besides my motor mounts and I know for a fact that I will be able to take a GSR.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya see ur lucky u have the 2.3 man i wish the 06 had an option to have the 2.3 in the hatch zx3 owell though ill just make due with the 2.0l ya my neighbor says our engines are crap that the brake down easy is this true im new to the duratec?

but ya if i had the 2.3 id go with cosworths d-pwer set up to forsure!

but i have the 2.0l so just trying to get the most bang for my buck i just dont feel like spending 5-6k for the fs stage1+2 turbo kit even though that would kick ass to have!

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
ok I have a friend that lives in Ohio with the 2.3 L duratec... want me to have him come shut your neighbor up?LOL Your set-up looks good... a clutch and maybe a flywheel wouldn't hurt either but with the mods you listed... I bet you would take him.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hehe that would be funny but maybe once my warrnty is up and im rdy to put in the parts maybe ur frined can help and i can pay him or something!

but yea i cant find a cluth/flywheel kit for the 2.0l i see they have them that fit the 2.3l but says maybe on the d20 and d20e eninge modles

·
Registered
930 Posts
What do GSRs run anyway?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts