1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
I just bought the Ford Service DVD off of eBay; it was a lot cheaper. And you now can download that off the net.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately the Ford service DVD only works in Windows.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Welp, time to upgrade. [;)] j/k

I guess your only option is the Helm.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
rallyrabbit said:
Unfortunately the Ford service DVD only works in Windows.
It sucks to be Mac.... until there's some horrid virus affecting Win PC's around the country.

There's more options for the newer Intel Macs, and your PC buddies can show you where to steal a copy of XP online.

I have a Helms manual, but I am undecided as to whether or not it's worth the $165 for a paper copy. The manual is paperback, and the size of the Chicago Yellow Pages. There are some inconsistencies, but I bought my manual in the first edition. The diagrams of engine parts are much better than Haynes, but the electrical information is non-existent. The most they tell you about electrical is how to troubleshoot.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Yes, Thats the maker of our books for Ford. Thats "THE" ones.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Helms has a separate "Wiring Diagrams" manual for the Focus. Its pretty detailed. There is also a separate manual for "Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis" for all gasoline engine vehicles for a given year. Its pretty detailed also covering all of the sensor inputs to the PCM and how to check them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mac at home, Unix at work. Sure VMware for Linux annd Virtual PC for OS X, but expensive options. So it just kind of sucks

Are those DVD manuals on ebay really helpful? Can you print out information, etc?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I have seen those manuals on dvd on ebay for quite some time. But I am kind of
leary of buying it and it not working for me. someone with the dvd/cd needs
to set up an FTP so we can all download it. LOL JK

·
☼
7,494 Posts
rallyrabbit said:
Mac at home, Unix at work. Sure VMware for Linux annd Virtual PC for OS X, but expensive options. So it just kind of sucks

Are those DVD manuals on ebay really helpful? Can you print out information, etc?
I'm pretty sure you can get Wine for Unix if you have apt-get or any other option like that.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
SuperFocusMan said:
someone with the dvd/cd needs
to set up an FTP so we can all download it. LOL JK
Do a search on here for the torrent URL. They have been out for download for a while.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wine runs well on x86, not so much on Sparc and Motorola.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
BornAgainFordOwner said:
Helms has a separate "Wiring Diagrams" manual for the Focus. Its pretty detailed. There is also a separate manual for "Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis" for all gasoline engine vehicles for a given year. Its pretty detailed also covering all of the sensor inputs to the PCM and how to check them.
Thanks, I need to check that out!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I found the torrent for the 04-05 Ford Service dvd - BUT it didn't actually include the 2005 Focus - only the 2004. Has anyone seen a torrent for the "2005" Focus??? (I looked a lot, didn't find any myself.)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts