Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tires

I was wondering if anyone has purchased a new set of tires for their car (205/50R16) that have been good for all-weather as well as performance-wise. My tires are starting to fall apart a bit so I just want to see what other focus' are using.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,104 Posts
maybe you should post in the Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension Forum.......

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
^^^ the nero zero tires are great all seasons from what i hear.. i have conti-sport contacts... but their 215/45/17... not even going to try the winter with them...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was wondering, what are good replacement All-Weather Tires for a decent price? I'm going on 45,000 miles and my tires will need replaced soon. As far as driving habits, I don't do any type of racing with my car, but do drive fast on the road. The type of tires I am looking for are performance all-weather replacements. I have checked tirerack.com and read reviews but would like input from other focus driver on what have been good for them.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
I've had personal past experience with the Continental ContiExtreme Contact on an older Audi. We get similiar weather as you do, and they were fine thru the winter. Smooth ride, very quiet and were great in rain and of course on dry pavement. Another one I'm considering replacing my P6s with soon is the Avon Tech M550 A/S. It's gotten great reviews and one of my customers swears by this tire on his Legacy GT.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Falken 512's, Kumho ASX's, BFG Traction TA's, Pirelli P Zero Nero M&S (more or less in order of cost - low to high). Tire Rack has some comparison tests to help you make an informed decision.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Just make sure you ask for the P Zero Nero "M & S" all season tire. They also make one ( called P Zero Nero that is summer rated only. The tread designs are nearly identical if not identical. They very by tread compound only. The summer tire must not be confused with the all season one.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
ContiExtremeContacts...good in snow, good all season...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Has anyone tried the Bridgestone Potenza G009? I work at a dealership and can probably get these for around $98.00.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
craze173 said:
Has anyone tried the Bridgestone Potenza G009? I work at a dealership and can probably get these for around $98.00.
Certainly not an unfair price, as TireRack has them for $92 each, in 205/50R16. Also Bridgestone has a $50 mail in rebate on a purchase of 4. You'd save the shipping if you got them thru your dealership. They're a fairly new tire, but from what I've read in the way of reviews, it doesn't look like a bad tire at all.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I have Pirelli P-Zero Neros and I love them. Get them.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
have the p zero neros as well. they grip phenomonally well in the dry, wet, and actually handle ice really well. as far as the avons go if you have a zx3 i think you might have to move to the svt replacement size cause i wanted to get them.

i just double checked. the avons are not available in 205/50/16. you would have to go to a 205/55/16 in order to run those.

C

·
0 Posts
I have Yokohama AVID H4s on my '02 sedan. H speed rated and truly awesome grip and handling. Had them for 3 weeks now.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I have Toyo FZ-4s, but they're 215-40-17. They're a high performance all season tire, they're a decent tire. I push them to their limits sometimes, and sometimes they cant handle it. I live in cali, so next time i buy tires i'm gonna probably buy some Falken Azeni's or something like that....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts