Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found an Exhaust system on ebay 2.25" MagnaFlow Catback for 235.00 is that a good price...Don't really wanna get shafted on my first purchase

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Check it out and see if it is Alumunized. I know you get a lot of snow there in the winter and they don't hold up as well as the Stainless ones do. Sounds like a good price though. You can get it brand new fron Trubenz.com for that for the aluminized and a little more for the stainless.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The information they give on it, So I'm guessing that it is a Stainless steel, and that would be alot better than aluminum in Missouri?

"The MagnaFlow Ford Focus System is all stainless steel featuring 2-1/4" high-flowing mandrel-bent stainless tubing, a straight-through Mirror Finish, stainless steel MagnaFlow Performance muffler, and is completed with a 4-1/2" double-wall polished stainless steel tip. Focus enthusiasts will love the looks, performance and the smooth, deep tone of this Wide Open performance system."

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I would go for it. sound decent to me. The aluminum systems are a little less durable in the snow. I went to Basic Training @ Ft. Leonard Wood in the winter and I know how it can snow there.

Sounds good though.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
The magnaflow systems are stainless steel, there is no aluminum option... That is a great price and I highly reccamend purchasing that one if you're on a tighter budget.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright thanks man :) I'll be ordering that in the next 30 minutes unless others have input on the subject matter

·
Registered
134 Posts
I bought my Magnaflow off ebay 2 weeks a go for the same price... Perfomance-Curve was the seller I believe... Received it in about 4 days. Installed it myself (it's pretty damn easy if you can get the bolts loose on the end of the flex pipe). Sounds great, deep and throaty, not tin-y (like the tin can mufflers). You'll love it.

[burnout]

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet, hope to get it soon, I'm so excited, mine was from Performance-Curve as well, glad to hear you got a good deal out of it, and didn't get the shaft, makes me feel A LOT better

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
CowsGoMoo, check out Trubenz, you can get the magnaflo aluminized. All of the piping is aluminun and the muffler is stainless.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hey, I got that from Ebay too. I posted the great deal a few weeks back. I can't even get it for that pricing. I bought myself one from the same seller. I heard he takes awhile to ship out but it's worth the wait.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
jisturm, TruBendz isn't a real Magnaflow exhaust. they use their muffler and then make the pipes around it. that's why they have the option. it's also why they're cheaper sometimes

Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts