Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have 4-5 months of winter conditions here most of the time and was thinking of running a dedicated winter tire on a new 2007 ZXW. Is this a good idea or would I be giving up too much in handling and wear on the tires in the other seasons?

I only drive about 8,000 miles a year, some highway, but mostly city driving. Just wondering if anyone else has run winter tires year-round and what the results were.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
I don't think I would run a winter tire year round. Why not just a good all season tire?

·
Registered
690 Posts
i agree with ^, there probably not as great as a benifit of a pere winter tire compared to a good all season tire. i have some kumho allseason performance tire and love them, great traction in wet/winter driving conditions.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Why not get both, and swap them out as the seasons dictate. You can pick up a set of steel wheels for fairly cheaply.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
How often are the roads actually covered with a decent layer of snow though? I was going to get winter tires till i realized that in a whole year, i maybe only drive on snow covered roads at the most maybe 10-20 times so i decided it wasnt worth time or money to buy them. But if you are running them all year i would just get some really good all season tires.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Appreciate the replies...some winters here are nothing but snow and others are barely any snow at all. I'll just get some good all-season tires like last time.

Let's see..."Tire Rack"...here it is...

Thanks again all...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts