Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was playing in the snow all day on my way home going 60 my car starts to loose power and I floor it and I hear a lot of air going through the intake and then gradually picks back up to power. Then I turn on my road it's sputtering, sputtering, all power back. Idles just fine. Yea yea fuel pump. I'm on my third replacement. Hopefully not that. Any other suggestions

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Another fuel pump? -that would suck.

Mix it up some. How about a cracked Coil Pack this time? Maybe damaged wiring leading into the coil pack?

Bad gas, water in gas? fuel filter?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My coil pack went bad not to long ago. Not the same symptoms but its possible. I may have got bad fuel. I'm put so b12 in it just for the heck of it. And see what happens I'll stay posted

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
What do you have for an intake? Wet & frozen doesn't help.

Snow can get in weird places & melt for water caused problems with wiring, particularly spark type - pop the hood & see if the engine got wet.

There's a couple odd possibilities, seeing you seldom see snow.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aem short ram. I cleaned the filter and sprayed carb cleaner in the intake. It ran fine all day today.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's running fine now but when I crank it up when it's cold. It idles ok and then drops down to like 200 rpms and is barely running. Then It may idle back normal or cut off. If I catch it. I'll gradually hold the pedal down til it picks back up to 1000 and runs fine rest of the day

1 - 6 of 6 Posts