Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It says its not good to activate nitrous to early cause it might backfire. Correct me if im wrong. Well i am buying a zex kit off someone and it activates at full throttle. So how would i not activate it to early if im racing? Not push the gas pedal down until a later rpm or what? Lemme know kinda confused?

·
Registered
732 Posts
yea actually alot of nitrous activate at wide open throttle, but u can also do a rpm thing, were u can make it go on at a certain rpm

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I have both. I have a rpm window switch that doesn't let the thing spray toill 3,000 rpm and shuts it off at 6,200 rpm ( before the rev limiter), also have a microswitch on the throttle that only allows it to spray at wot. Nitrous can work very simply, to make it reliable takes a little more work.. Not familiar with the zex stuff, is it a wet system? it should be! dry sytems are very limited. mine is Nitrous exoress and I have installed NOS systems as well

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it is a wet system. I didnt think you could do a dry system cause of there being no fuel return line. where did you get your parts to activate it a however many rpm is it hard and expensive? thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Nitrous express sells the window rpm switch ( I'm sure others do). Also the focus has no tach signal to plug in to, so you have to buy this little device from ford that hooks into crank trigger and creates a tach signal for the window switch to run off of..sounds confusing in reality it is about five wires total. The switch from ford is under $60 and the window switch I think is the same money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
its easy i just put one on my friend car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts