Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car had her first show maybe two weeks ago she went into the SPL contest and hit with a 141 which is okay.

The good news is that since I work for the place that did my temporary stuff, the boss has agreed to start doing more work to my car and less work to his silly Civic.

I am not going as crazy as he does, Might post up some pics of the Civic we threw a 27" monitor into the dashboard and custom gauges and got rid of everything stock in the front and did a fiber glass dashboard. My car will still be a daily driver so it won't be too crazy.

I am going to pull out my existing subs and box, and thinking about making the spare tire hole where the subs sit so that it looks like they are sunk into my floor. New deck of course swap out the 7 in TV and just upgrade to the touch screen with Navi and interior camera. Pull out my existing interiors replace those and run a separate amp to them, and some tweeters !! Not to many neons since I am going to throw a kit of that underneath the car.

What do ya guys think ?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
What amp and speakers are you planning to use? Need suggestions? If so, what's your budget?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Prob Matts speakers its right now my fav speaker to go with and hits awesome.

Who knows what amps they will use. There will be one 1000 watt and another one just to run the interiors and a 2nd battery.

I have a top installer doing the work to the system its a benefit of working for this company.

I am not completely sold on the spare tire box yet just because it is alot of fiberglass and I don't want to much weight in the backend of the car.

I am gettin rid of my rear camera because its pointless I'm gonna move it somewhere else in the car just so I can use it as a mirror for myself thats digital. I have it so I might as well use it for something somewhat original lol

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
never heard of them

got a website?

do they also offer component speakers (interiors as you say)?

·
Registered
703 Posts
i think shes referring to MMatts. These speakers are crazy. ESPECIALLY the JUGGERNAUT series of MMatts. These are probably some of the hardest pounding subwoofers on the market. They also have excellent SQ. Ive done some reasearch on these and compared them to other brands (JL,MTX,ResEng,RockFos,etc...) Although they are a bit pricey, they are an all around great speaker.

BTW.... MMatts Audio

-Brian

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not the best at spelling what can I say.

I blew one of them up this morning on the way to work lol boss is going to kill me but whatcha gonna do.

·
Registered
563 Posts
XOFocusChickXO said:
I am not the best at spelling what can I say.

I blew one of them up this morning on the way to work lol boss is going to kill me but whatcha gonna do.
Properly set the gain, maybe? Sounds like your "top installer" isn't so great after all...

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Point being:

Aside from being a bad woofer, the cause of damage is likely distortion due to the gains not being set properly and/or your HU is being driven into clipping.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He replaced it tonight it got a rip in it and all the stuff in my truck magically moved I think someone was playing around in my trunk.

I need to figure out what I am going to do with the box. I don't want to put to much more in the way of weight back there.

Plus I need more space my box takes up to much room (obviously) half my life is in the car I work 10 - 12 hours a day so I have clothes, shoes, and all sorts of stuff back there.

I might look into the box that goes tucked in the side you guys posted in another thread.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
those are some long days.
what is your work?

have them fiberglass an enclosure on the side

·
Registered
369 Posts
how big is yoru current box, i have a 15in adire audio brahma in a 3.2CFT box ported around 28 HZ and hit 142.3 with my 63hz ports i hit 148 with a BXi 1606. a set up you might want to concider

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To damn big there are some pics in the general forum from when I washed it.

I work at a Mazda dealership during the day usually 8 or 9 hours depending on the day, than I run EZ Concepts websites at the same time during breaks at the dealership.

I go from Mazda straight to EZ to talk to the boss over there usually about shows/ebay/incoming accounts. I can get certain things cheaper because we are a business so if I am online and I find a good product I will try and get him to have an account with them. Ebay is really time consuming we had a store but I shut it down because it was alot of upkeep so now I usually sell 2 or 3 things at a time.

I work for atleast 2 or 3 hours when I get home on the websites, including ones that I have for the Mazda/Ford/Lincoln dealerships.

I work hard but the benefits are worth it :) and the job I do at EZ is something I enjoy doing and the people I work with are great.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Busy busy

well, if you ever get good prices on Morel or Seas speakers, let me know [;)]

I was interested in getting the new Morel Supremo Piccolo tweeters until my local dealer told me $400...... for a pair of tweeters only. [???:)]

·
Registered
703 Posts
not tryin to thread jack here, but:

FocusInCali said:
....Aside from being a bad woofer...
why do yu say that? im not saying this woofer is god's gift to the audio world, but ive been to many car stereo competitions and have seen many participants using the juggernaut series from MMats, and blowing the competition out of the water.... with just ONE SUB.

however, i probably would not get one myself. but then again, theyre not exactly what im looking for.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
no no no, undaze yourself [hihi]

bad..... as in damaged or improper assembly

in this case it was damaged

·
Registered
703 Posts
FocusInCali said:
no no no, undaze yourself [hihi]

bad..... as in damaged or improper assembly