Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some good aftermarket lug nuts that you guys use? I have this strong feeling that when I pull mine off to put my summer tires on, that it'll be a battle and I'm not willing to battle them off, then put them right back on., So I'm looking for any suggestions for lug nuts. Could be extended or not.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Had muteki on my 04. Looked great, worked great, but only had for about 6 months.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've stripped out a lot of Gorilla lug nuts and had to replace all of my wheel studs because of their lug nuts. Having to break off the lug nut and stud has caused me to damage my nice, no longer in production wheels. I'll never use their products again... Yes Gorilla lug nuts look great new, but the chrome platting inside does not hold up well and is prone to flaking off and causes the lug nut to seize on the stud, forcing me to break it.

The Excalibur HD lug nuts have held up well so far. Just be sure to buy the right key if you purchase this style. None of the wheel shops I've been to have this unique lug nut key in stock so you better buy it from BrandSport.

Excalibur 98-0355 7-Spline Chrome Lug Nuts Acorn Bulge Tapered Seat 12mm x 1.75 Thread

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,211 Posts
Four years of Gorilla here, mine are black I cant speak for the chrome. I ordered the 20 pack instead of 16 to have a few spares.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Four years of Gorilla here, mine are black I cant speak for the chrome. I ordered the 20 pack instead of 16 to have a few spares.
same here and i got the security lugs. The black finish lasts and its good quality lug nut.

never had an issue with stripping, but i also always start mine by hand. Im also going to be getting the ARP lug studs soon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts