1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this article would be of interest to you Texas folks

www.statesman.com said:
Legislature's mistake jeopardizes license plate law

"A Texas law passed on the frantic final day of the legislative session mistakenly omitted the $200 fine for driving a vehicle without license plates, possibly jeopardizing the enforcement of related laws including a ban on false, altered or obscured license plates.
[. . .]
But the 234-page bill inadvertently dropped language setting a $200 fine from the chapter outlawing the operation of vehicles without license plates, Pickett said.
[. . .]
"It doesn't matter if there's a fine or not, it's still illegal, and you'll still be pulled over," Pickett said. "If there are other issues going on, why would you want to bring attention to yourself?""
So if any of you want to run any Europlates or no plates at all, you might be able to get away with out being fined for it come January!

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
While they left out the wording specifying the amount of the fine cops will still pull you over and write you a ticket and you have to pay the fine. This actually allows individual depts and judges to potentially increase the amount of the fine you'd pay but most have said they will stick with the $200. Because of this snafu police will more than likely be paying more attention to this and less likely to let you off the hook.

·
ninja lurker status
23,137 Posts
damn, cuz i really want to get ride of my front plate... oh well, offset on the bumper on the lower grill is where it will stay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts