Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been slowly modding my ATX 2000 zx3. I am thinkin I might get some Cams and Cam gears. Right now I have a Borla Exhaust, AEM CAI, and the Excalibrater 2 flasher from FS. Also I have an SVT header on the way. What cams would be a good choice for everyday driving and a decent amount of speed without screwing anything up? And is getting gears and cams worth it?

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
cams rock. although I don't have an Auto. you should be fine with most stage 1's
I feel that FR 2's are fairly mild & would work, and those willl get you moving down the road,

but i would wait to see what the ATX boys in here have say that have already been there.[thumb]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. Where would be the best place to go to get these cams? I went on the Ford Racing website and they show $375 EACH for the stage 2/street performance cams...That about the average price? Or is it possible to find em cheaper? Also, I did not see the Automatic Transmission cams...Other than the stage 1s...

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
John Bleakley Ford in GA usually has great prices on FR parts. The cams are listed for $302.50. I think for shipping you add 10% so that's way cheaper than FR MSRP.
http://208.62.69.135/frparts.asp
Search for part #
M6252A20X
Replace the X.
Stg 1 X=1
Stg 2 X=2
Stg 3 X=3

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dcl2049 said:
John Bleakley Ford in GA usually has great prices on FR parts. The cams are listed for $302.50. I think for shipping you add 10% so that's way cheaper than FR MSRP.
http://208.62.69.135/frparts.asp
Search for part #
M6252A20X
Replace the X.
Stg 1 X=1
Stg 2 X=2
Stg 3 X=3
Is says for the stage 2s that they are for a manual with headers and free flow exhaust. Being that I have an Automaice tranny and a Borla catback with an SVT header on the way... Ya think I am still able to use these?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yeah youll be fine, just dont rag on it 24/7

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What do you mean by "rag"? Cuz I really don't wanna have to worry about anything happening if I spend the money to get these cams... lol

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
dont floor it after every stop, dont haul ass around every corner, just go easy on it til you mean business

1 - 12 of 12 Posts