Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
one guy said the 35w are almost to bright for city driving. they all use them in stock head lamps though.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
I've seen that site come up from time to time here on the forums, but I've yet to see anyone with the kit installed.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Good prices. If I had the scratch, I'd be there.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
indeed. im gunna consider buying hids from there. good prices

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
good find man the lowest i payed for hids was 42.00 and it was off of ebay

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I bought one of the 55w slim kits for my TSX retro, can't beat the lifetime warranty either! They are bright but not blinding. I've driven past cars with stock HIDs and my headlights are brighter, but not by much (that could be because of the crappy ebay headlight lenses that distort the light). I hope the light throw and cut-off will look that much better once I swap out the old lenses for stock ones. You can't go wrond with one of these kits! Well worth the price, even when you have to dish out an extra $15 for D2S bulbs and $25 more for the 55w ballasts.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I just ordered a set of 35 watt DDM HIDs this morning, I'll let everyone know how they work after I install them! I have projectors so nobody worry.

·
Sooo Fresh
2,114 Posts
what kinda projectors do you have cause i have the ebay ones aka the machalikes lol with a ebay hid kit and they blow in the snow and rain and have nasty throw. jw what should i do i dont have stock lenses to swap and would 55w DDM HID 8000K throw better then 35w HID 6000K?? i need to see better. lol

·
Registered
518 Posts
Well we have different cars so the headlights will be different.

I'm currently in the process of trying to improve my projectors because I had the same problems you described.

I don't think getting 55watt HIDs is going to solve your problem, you need to figure out why the optics suck on your headlights. 35 watt should be plenty for most applications.

I have 6000K HIDs and the light is pure white, 8000K you start getting some blue to the light which will slightly affect light output. White light is what you need to see, blue won't do anything for you.

·
Sooo Fresh
2,114 Posts
ya true i was going to stay 6000k i was just checking but ya my optics suck. like my brights are better then my HID's are lol so im thinkin is there away to fit a better projector in there to make it throw better. i wish i kept my old origanal Hella's lol those had real projectors in them durrr didnt no then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts