Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. It may be time to say good-bye to the svt focus #434 of 1978. I'm looking at the charger by dodge. I have the bank looking into financing the car. Looking at interest rates. The car drives really nice and is pretty quick. I love my svtf, But with the idea of having a child, which has not been conseived as of yet, I will need a family vehicle. Thinking of buying the wife a IS300 to replace her failing pt cruiser. With only 19000 miles on it. My svtf only has 30000 and I'm going to get raped on it. But what the hell'''''''[?|] [?|]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have you considered selling it yourself? If it's in good condition you shouldn't have too much trouble moving it and will do better financially than if you traded it in. Good luck!

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Im sorry to hear that. Wll at lest you are choseing two fine automobiles

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cherger is nice the IS 300 Is much nicer. And as for selling my car on my own. Not gonna happen with the 7000 negative equity I have. Buying two cars should leave me sad. You know the spending of cash does that to me!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
yea i hear how spending money makes people sad

·
Registered
11 Posts
are you planning on getting an SRT? because SRT Charger's are beasts, i can tell you that much!! my boss recently picked one up and when he took us out for a rip, i was REALLY impressed!! [thumb]

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea they are quick. Intrerest rate will be 7.6%on the charger Because i MAY be a little extented. But it is doable. The Is 300 will be almost 650 a month. Fortunatly we are financialy able to do these things and not effect our lives. But you can't worry about money. Its so great to not worry about the cash.. We'll make more.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Moved to "SVT Owners Lounge"

Sorry to hear you might be giving up the SVTF, good luck with your future purchase.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Why don't you pay off your car some since your child hasn't even been concieved yet? It's not like you won't have nine more months to worry about new cars before having a kid once it is.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
svt medic said:
The cherger is nice the IS 300 Is much nicer. And as for selling my car on my own. Not gonna happen with the 7000 negative equity I have. Buying two cars should leave me sad. You know the spending of cash does that to me!!!!!!!!
Holy crap you gave your Salesmen a chalenge. 7000 - equ. Your salesmen is not going to make anything off of you. (I used to be one)
Looks like your going to have thoughs cars for awhile, good thing you picked awesome cars.[thumb]

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Well, sorry to be a downer, but I have two kids, 13 and 15 years old, and some miles under my belt (actually, they sort of flop over the belt, but you get my point).

Now, this is just advice...

If you are upside down on a car, NEVER go into a trade. You're putting the screws to yourself. Some patience in paying it down will pay off in the future (and with 7K as the figure, it's a lot of patience).

If you are going to start a family, I hate to say it, but you might want to think about more kid-friendly cars. Kids - especially little ones - and nice interiors don't mix. At some point, barfing, pooping, and the launching of food items as projectiles will come into play, and it ain't pretty. When I sold my old '96 Contour, a guy my age looking at it was peering at a mystery stain on the carpet I could never get rid of. I pointed at my daughter, and he smiled real big and nodded his head. (He bought the car on the spot).

It sounds like the Chrysler product you had is not so good, and so getting rid of it may be very smart (family=need safe, reliable wheels). But trading a car you're 7K backwards on - you might need that 7K later. And maybe, when later comes, you will be able to afford an even nicer car than the Charger.

But it's just advice - I wish you luck either way!

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Thank you for being a friend. Travel down the road and back again. Your heart is true, your a pal and a con-fi-dant.

You want to go where people go. Your troubles are all the same. You want to go where everybody knows your name.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
THe whole kid thing is scary, and the child will probably go in moms car, that is if mom can get child from dads arms. I thought the charger was a bigger safer car for my families next 3 years or so.Mom will drive charger and dad will drive the IS. You know the new IS 350 is now out. That is really nice. Yes 7000 k in the hole is big. But if I put 2500 down then On both cars they will be more affordable. I could wait and pay down some of my svtf. But the csar will be coming out of warrenty in 5000 miles.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I have 2 kids and an svtf. The wife drives a mini-van that we use when we have the kids with us,but my kids love the ocassional trip in "daddys orange car".

·
Registered
398 Posts
No offense, but it sounds to me like you just want a new ride.

You say that the child is literally not even conceived yet...and you are shopping for a new car NOW for when you HOPEFULLY have a kid?

That seems really foolish to me. You should be saving every penny you can for as long as you can, ie hold onto your current rides and pay them down. Once the wifey is 6-7 months along THEN start your shopping. I just don't thinking switching vehicles with massive negative equity, ESPECIALLY to a gas guzzler makes sense at all given the circumstance.

Just hold off for a while. Ditch the PT before the Focus. At least the Focus gets good mileage.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lumadar and modemjunki may have really good points. I do want a new ride, I get board of cars and generally only keep for 2.5 to 3 years. I could lease a car , but then I worry about milage. And I love the gto. That car is quick and roomy enough for the family. My wife really wants the lexus IS. And because she wants it she'll get it. No the child has not been concieved yet. Don't get me wrong, I love my little svtf, it's a limited production car. Problem is that it has dickkkkkkkk for resale value. I went on-line with a friend and found that the ford mustang is a huge loser as far as holding value. Most of the fords lose value, and yes the ford trucks hold value. Truck and cars 2 total different animals. I do like the dodge though and it is quiter than the gto.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts