Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Ive been trying to sell it for two months. I got a lot of phone calls from kids but none of them have the money to drop for it. I found a wholesaler that I kinda know and hes taking it. The only problem- He found out it was in an accident. I had no idea because I work at the dealership I bought it from. I couldve sworn we ran a carfax-But i guess now That I didnt. He dropped the price by only 300 dollars though. When my accident insurance is done in a year and a half I will most likely get another one....or a subaru.



Im gonna miss this car...since I went through hell to get it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
Some say its hard to replace a limited run car, it'll be hard for me when the time comes. Its a ways out yet though.

Do you have a second vehicle you're driving instead, or are you getting a replacement?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a 97 explorer...a lot of miles but runs awesome. And I dont hafta worry bout it being a gas guzzler because its a 6cyl and my work is less than a mile from me now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the insurance is crazy...like 4700 a year. (accident) This car brought it down 2k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
649 Posts
SuperFocusMan said:
any particular reason that you are selling it?
Have to wonder that myself? Why trade an svtf for an explorer when you're considering another svtf in the future? Congrats on the sale though!

Oh, and with that photo... have you seen the hot chicks + focuses thread that "NvyGuardsman" started? [hihi] Can't help but suggest thowing your pic up on that thread!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
550 Posts
haha sam is hot you should see her myspace photos MMM ;) sammy u can come to Va an drive my svt anytime u want an pose to if u want hehe.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,238 Posts
Sorry you had to get rid of it Sam,, I know how badly you wanted to get it. Glad you enjoyed it while you had it though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
FocusedChick3187 said:
Well Ive been trying to sell it for two months. I got a lot of phone calls from kids but none of them have the money to drop for it. I found a wholesaler that I kinda know and hes taking it. The only problem- He found out it was in an accident. I had no idea because I work at the dealership I bought it from. I couldve sworn we ran a carfax-But i guess now That I didnt. He dropped the price by only 300 dollars though. When my accident insurance is done in a year and a half I will most likely get another one....or a subaru.



Im gonna miss this car...since I went through hell to get it.
go with the subaru , i couldnt be happier with mine....
 

·
Dragon Warrior
Joined
·
309 Posts
I agree I don't have a perfect driving record but my SVT is only 90 a month. I am 25 but it has not gone down yet. I have been paying that price since I got the SVT in 04.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
JRODSVT said:
I agree I don't have a perfect driving record but my SVT is only 90 a month. I am 25 but it has not gone down yet. I have been paying that price since I got the SVT in 04.

I would love to only have to pay $90.00 a month. I pay just a little under $270.00 monthly. I mean my record has a few moving violations from a few years ago, before I had the focus, but it still feels like i'm getting screwed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So 2 months now and no buyers. If anyone wants my SVT for 8k please take it. the insurance is killin me. And I just hate looking at it in the driveway without being able to drive it :-(
 

·
Turbo!!!!
Joined
·
5,797 Posts
FocusedChick3187 said:
So 2 months now and no buyers. If anyone wants my SVT for 8k please take it. the insurance is killin me. And I just hate looking at it in the driveway without being able to drive it :-(
It's an omen! Don't sell it! Can you take a defensive driving class to bring your insurance rates down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did. That doesnt bring the insurance down it just takes 2 points off my driving record. I have a year and a half to go until my insurance is normal again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
I wonder if insurence is more expensive in the States? I pay $194cdn a month for both my cars ( an 05 ST and a 01 ZX4) house and life insurence.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,051 Posts
Canadian ST said:
I wonder if insurence is more expensive in the States? I pay $194cdn a month for both my cars ( an 05 ST and a 01 ZX4) house and life insurence.
Each state has different insurance rates...and unfortunetely NJ has probably the most expensive rates out of all 50 states.

It sucks that her rates are so high (and i should know how bad that is since mine are up there with hers) and it's a real shame that things like this stop many people from getting cars that they want and that they can enjoy and force them to get cars that they absolutely despise just so their rates aren't killing their wallets.

I hope it works out for her...but a question...

If you just have the car sitting in the driveway and your not driving it...why not remove the car from your insurance? If your not using the car then you don't have to have insurance on it. Of course if you do this then you really can't drive the car out on public roads. But if you do that's one less bill you have to worry about and you'd be saving yourself a lot of money. Just let the buyer worry about insurance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah...My parents figured it would be better to leave the insurance on the car for people who come by to look at it. Or in worse case scenario that my explorer breaks down or something like that. But it did come in handy when I did have to get things fixed on the new old car.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top