Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't take it anymore, I took my snow tires off and went back to my gunmetal 17’s. The snows were nice this past winter, but I am happy to have the dry traction back now that the weather is supposed to be a little warmer! Plus he looks SO much better!

Reactions: spddmn1

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
Dude, I'm running all season on my 18 TI wheels, and all I could do all winter was hop them when I floored it. This weather is glorious right now.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Duffman355, I couldn't agree more!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
haven't taken my snows off yet, still too much crap on the roads for my good wheels.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I couldn't take it anymore, I took my snow tires off and went back to my gunmetal 17’s. The snows were nice this past winter, but I am happy to have the dry traction back now that the weather is supposed to be a little warmer! Plus he looks SO much better!
A lot like taking boots off and putting on a nice pair of running shoes isn't it? Let's hope it stays this way for a while. I bet Boston is going to have one heck of a St. Patty's day party this year!

·
Registered
19 Posts
For those who have the black pack package, did you buy another set of rims for your winter tires? I'm thinking of purchasing just the winter tires and put them on my black rims. Getting the car tomorrow and it will be delivered with the 4 season tires.

Good idea or not?

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
For those who have the black pack package, did you buy another set of rims for your winter tires? I'm thinking of purchasing just the winter tires and put them on my black rims. Getting the car tomorrow and it will be delivered with the 4 season tires.

Good idea or not?
Well, I have the Ti Handling Package (18" Wheels) but I put my winter tires (195/65R15) on a set of steel rims.

I was considering putting my 18"s back on this weekend, but it might snow again . I also want to wait until Wisconsin starts filling the potholes first; the roads are horrible.

Reactions: SMARTINEAU

·
Registered
19 Posts
OK thanks guy's... I think I got my answer, :)

I'll talk to the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
580 Posts
you can get a second set of stock wheels pretty cheap on craigslist or ebay. also search on here for Volvo - our cars take a 5x108 bolt pattern that's very common on volvos - i've got my winter tires on a set of Volvo rims i bought on ebay for around $200.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just had my blizzak's taken off today! I just have them swapped out on the factory 17's , so I cant say the looks have changed but it's definitely a great feeling to be able to corner and stop on dry pavement again! Plus she was getting a floaty at highway speeds since it's been in the 50s the last few days.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, when the roads are dry its a PITA to hear the rumble and pitter-patter of studded snow tires. Then you come across a section of glare ice and drifted snow, and think "wow that could have been exciting".

We are warming up. I hope to get the snows off soon myself.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I switched mine over last week. I couldn't wait anymore either.
[twothumbs] I have the same wheels off a T-bird for my snows but they are still silver. I think I am going to Plasti-dip them gray after I clean them before they go into storage for the summer. Actually, our cars are almost twins, my 17's are the gunmetal gray and mine is only an SE though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts