Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinkin about buying an svt with 68k and has recaros, euro package, borla exhaust, kn typhoon, and any other avaliable option. Has an R-title but has been looked over and looks good. Had clutch replace with a Luk about 500miles ago but is gonna need a new throwout bearing soon. He was $4500. Good buy ?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
i'd say ya. just find out why it was rebuilt

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was hit in the rear end, New spindel was put in and everything seems solid. Just a littlebit of a squeek and paint is decent

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
well, once a car is damaged like that, it may never be the same. just sayin. but the price is very reasonable

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thats exacty what I thought but it rides nice and the engine sounds great. I just wasent sure how much the R-title lowers the value

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
well, since it has the EAP editon, it values it significantly higher. if it was a straight up rebuild, i'd offer 3500, (i mean, still offer that, lol) but his price w/ that mileage is taken into account w/ the rebuild. i mean, IF you wanted to, you coujld sell the complete EAP interior and headlights for about 1250-1500. so ya, find some regular svt seats and you'd get the car for CHEAP. thats the way i look at it. if i was in the market, i'd go for it!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
i was only saying that to show value! thats it. i wouldn't replace them either

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Thinkin about buying an svt with 68k and has recaros, euro package, borla exhaust, kn typhoon, and any other avaliable option. Has an R-title but has been looked over and looks good. Had clutch replace with a Luk about 500miles ago but is gonna need a new throwout bearing soon. He was $4500. Good buy ?

That doesn't make any sense.
If you replace just a clutch disc, you're dumb. Everything in the clutch is a ware item, Pressure Plate, Clutch Disc and Throwout Bearing. That means you replace them all at once, just buy a clutch kit.
For someone to spend the, book time, 12 hours it takes to replace the clutch and not ... well they are one hell of a cheapass.
Which begs the question of what else was half-assed.

Price seems good. But I really don't think I'd trust the person selling the car.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
well, if you can get it for a good deal, i wouldn't trust him, but a deal is a deal. if you budget for a clutch change down the road, then ur golden. i didn't even catch that before.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well he showed me all the recepts for the clutch, he had it replaced buy a shop that specilizes just in transmissions, and from what ive heard they are pretty good. He had the throwout bearing replaced when the clutch was done but for some reason its going bad. He isent sure if it was the part or how it was installed that mad it go bad. But he can get another bearing for like $80 shipped through where he bought the luk kit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
if it's going bad that soon than there should be a warranty, that would be a manufacturing defect in my mind. Other than that see if you can take it to a body shop or have a friend that's good will looking at repaired damage see how well it was repaired. I would probably buy it, I effin' love my EAP

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah thats what i did this morning, deff said it was the throwout bearing. He just said he dosent have the money to have another one put back in, which i can understand cause ive had people quote me over $500 before to do it. Plus i love this audiophile system, sounds soo good !

·
Registered
52 Posts
Um since we're in the business of saving money.. Replace the ToB yourself.. ans save 420 bucks?

But I bought a clutch kit for one of my cars and the ToB went bad within 2k miles. It happens newer ones self adjust and aline but could of been installed incorrect more reason to do it yourself!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts