Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all (again),

I have a ford focus panther black (shes amazing!) and she does have central locking just not Remote central locking =( Basicly im looking to find a good alarm system with all the bells and whistles (yes im a gadget freak!) that has remote central locking. However how hard is this to install one, once i have it and what alarm systems can you guys/gals recomend that would do this? And also how hard is it to enable remote central locking on the car?

Thanks in advanced everyone,

JakReloaded

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Any Clifford alarms are also very good and I 11000% agree, get it done professionally. Actually if you don't, you void certain aspects of your car's warranty.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Prestige alarm by Audiovox w/remote start is very good at a very good price. And it comes with a cool remote, that everyone always asks u about. Make sure to get it professionally installed by a reputable installer, b/c it is a very trick install (w/remote start) and the focus is notorious for having really weird electric system.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
not to rude but aren't alarms useless, they don't prevent anything from happening. they just make niose, and if you get the one shows what part of your car is getting broke into, that only helps you know whats missing before you get there.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
You can get lower insurance rates with them, they are a deterrant and alot of the newer ones come with pagers that will notify the owner (via a keyfob) if their car alarm is going off. There very beneficial IF you buy a good one.... if you get a cheap one, waste of money.

·
Registered
545 Posts
btw DEI makes clifford,viper,python,valet

as to the comment from svtguy21 true but insurance isnt any good if you dont wreck your car or burn your house. why pay for insurance? (i use that as a analogy, no its not a prevention by any means, but the chance a car theif looks into your car sees some change and a blinking lights he might just keep walking, nothing is fool proof ...it just keeps the honest people honest!)

and besides the biggest theft occures when people just walk around and try to open unlocked doors, the best theft is the easy one. my alarm will lock the door and role up the windows after 2 mins of no one near the car. thats awesome and my insurance is about 20$ cheaper because of it. 4 years you pay for your alarm.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Here's the one I'm going to buy. Yes, I'm an eBay whore. I don't care.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FM-CAR-ALARM-2-...itemZ8065189805QQcategoryZ33720QQcmdZViewItem

eBay Item number: 8065189805

I can get it professionally installed for about $125.

$250 for parts and install isn't a bad price IMO. Remote start, cooldown (For those turbo users) auto off, auto lock and window rollup, two 2-way pagers, blah blah blah...

*shrug*

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmm

Hi All!

Thanks for the most excellent replies! *pulls self away from Bill and teds Excellent Adventrue* However Malakai that alarm sounds like everything im after =DDD But i cant seem to get that item to show up on ebay...=( Do you have the item number and when are you due to have it all installed and when you do can you possibly let me know how kick ass it is?

Thanks,

JakReloaded

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yeah, uhm.. I've since changed my mind. [:I]

That brand was crap. As a matter of fact a couple of the places I called wouldn't even install because of the brand (and I'm going to get my professionally installed).

I decided to pay the extra $25 and get a Hornet 564t from DEI.

http://directed.com/security/hornet/horn_2way.asp It's a MUCH MUCH MUCH better brand and not much more $. You can find that specific model on ebay too, I'm sure. For an extra $20 or so you can even get the window roll-up module that will rollup your windows when you walk away and some even check the temp inside your car and will crack your windows automatically if it gets too hot. ANYWAY..

I am getting the remote start put in, and the ONE place that will do it for me (SVT manual tranny, ya know) said they for sure will not do anything with a knockoff brand... and referred me to DEI (www.directed.com).

if you still do ebay... just put in "hornet 564t" or check froogle.com for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts