Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I know this topic has probably been beat to death, but I'm fairly new to the modding scene and a lot of the good kits are no longer easily obtained. So my question is, what is a good body kit for the 05 ZX4 that has a similar to the SAP and the F2 RS kit? Both of these are phenomenal kits, but extraordinarily difficult to find. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Or if you know of a thread where this was discussed a link would be cool too.

Thanks!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I hear that haha my plan with my st is the fswerks front lip and the sap rear bumper maybe some side skirts if I can find some nice simple ones. There's very few options for our cars, a good place I like to look at the body kits is andy's auto sport, never bought anything from there though

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,211 Posts
Ever thought about a 00-04 front end conversion and keep the 05-07 rear, the perfect sedan IMHO. Then you have better options for front bumpers too.

I think a shaved belt molding on the rear bumper would look super clean and unique. Plus with the "diffuser" painted black it would look almost like a SAP bumper.

I've seen a pic of someone that shaved the moldings and teeth out of the '05 front end with the FS lip and it looked awesome.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yes I've seen him too he put a new grill in it and matched the upper grill it's sexy af...and I actually thought about doing that front end conversion today also saw a guy make a mk1 sedan into a coupe and it blew my mind

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I wanted to do that to my front bumper, but didn't want to have to redo it yrs later. Be great to do back date the front end to the '00-'04 style w/a svt front bumper. What kept me from doing it was I couldn't find a desent svt bumper.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've thought about doing the front end swap before, problem is finding someone with a silver SVT that wants the '05-'07 front end. I've also thought about painting the lower moldings in the front black and getting a Mach1 lip as I've heard those fit with a bit of work.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I hear that haha my plan with my st is the fswerks front lip and the sap rear bumper maybe some side skirts if I can find some nice simple ones. There's very few options for our cars, a good place I like to look at the body kits is andy's auto sport, never bought anything from there though
I've bought products from them (andy's autosport) last thing was a pr of Wingswest skirts.
I've thought about doing the front end swap before, problem is finding someone with a silver SVT that wants the '05-'07 front end. I've also thought about painting the lower moldings in the front black and getting a Mach1 lip as I've heard those fit with a bit of work.
Finding a desent svt front bumper is more of a issue then the color, you can always have it painted. Painting the lower opening is a easy appearance mod that is easy to do, prepping the surface & painting it.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Look for the sap bumpers, little while ago, one member had two rear sap bumpers for the sedans up for sale, they were there for a little bit. They do pop up, just have to be on the look out for them.

·
Registered
95 Posts
And when you do get that new kit, I'd be interested in your rear bumper. I'd prefer liquid grey, but looking for the rear bumper from an st :)

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
And when you do get that new kit, I'd be interested in your rear bumper. I'd prefer liquid grey, but looking for the rear bumper from an st :)
Just look for a sap rear bumper for a sedan.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You'd end up w/ changing out the front clip= hood,fenders, bumper cover, headlights. Have you checked out Andy's autosport? They have a lot of different body kits for the '05-'07's.
I realized that too, but to get that kit I was almost willing to do it. And I have looked, a lot of them are too extreme for me. I do think the B-2 body kit is in the vein of what I'm looking for. Though I also found a bumper on Extreme Dimensions that very closely resembles the F2 RS front bumper: http://extremedimensions.com/2005-2007-Ford-Focus-Duraflex-F-Sport-Front-Bumper-Cover-1-Piece.html

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Yea, that does look great. I would have gone w/ a sap front bumper yrs ago, but I've seen to many lowered & stock height sap bumpers all scraped up on the bottom corners, one reson I kept the stock front bumper.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts