Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but I can't find the right kind of filter anywhere. I could order from a local shop but they want mondo dollars for basic conical filters. for those of you who've done the stealth, where did you pick up your filters? can anyone recommend a site online? thanks!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm sure there's a Focus Fanatics sponsor that could sell you one right.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Ok here's the info that you need:

Go to Pep Boys and get the 6 1/2 in. long Spectre Cone Filter:

- Spectre "Power Adder"
- Part #8132
(part # is on top left corner of package)

It costs like $25, and they come in a couple of different colors.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info, but i don't have a pepboys around here, and their website sucks. i'd really like the itg filter that focussport uses (had their coolflo on my zetec) but i don't know if it will fit. blazing's write up for the stealth states that a filter with a 3.25" opening will work better than a 3" so i don't know..... just doing research for now i guess.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
pep boys/autozone both sell those kinds of filters fireman talked about. they come with a changable openening, where you can take parts out if you need bigger. i used 3'' on mine....i wanted it tight. hey fireman why did you get the long one?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
nomoreavril said:
pep boys/autozone both sell those kinds of filters fireman talked about. they come with a changable openening, where you can take parts out if you need bigger. i used 3'' on mine....i wanted it tight. hey fireman why did you get the long one?
The 6 1/2 inch one WAS the shorter filter of the two that was available at Pep Boys.

The longer one that I had mistakenly gotten the first time was something like 8" or 9".

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
What's Vermont's state motto? So far NH is my favorite "Live free or Die." They must whip their politicians regularly because they don't tax grocery food up there. That's my kind of America [thumb]

I think if you can get the FS filter to work- use it. I'd get one of those water repellent covers to protect from spray- although I think the exchange box takes care of it. The solution of the DIY intake is low cost since a designed one makes more power.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, they don't have sales tax on anything. but they're all nuts. i don't think vermont has a motto, we're just called the green mountain state.

I'm just gonna use the filter that's recommended in the how-to. I can order it from my local custom shop and it'll be here by friday, which will give me something to do on saturday!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I used a K&N with a 3" index. It was a bitch to get on, and I beat up my hands in the process, but once it was on it was all good. Only thing, I needed a new barrel clamp or whatever they call them. The one that came with the filter wouldnt fit after it was stretched over the wider pipe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts