Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well first of all I bought this focus over a month ago and I have been driving it as a daily, quite honestly I bought it for 600 and it is uglier than dirt. But I would like to make it a street/strip car. first of all I would like to put a bit of a body kit and put a zetec in it. I was wondering if any one had any ideas as to what I could do with it? (by the way, when I say body kit I mean a very low profile one, no ricezone around here. but thanks in advance guys.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
If your doing a motor= why not a 23 or 25 D-tech?

·
Super Moderator
9,563 Posts
Moved to "MK1 Focus" for the body kit ideas. You will have to start another thread in the "Engine & Transmission Swap" section about the changing of the motors.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Pretty much change everything.

Engine/trans/wiring/ PCM/Instruments/etc..

·
Registered
658 Posts
I dont think it will be much different than swapping in a Zetec. Everything has to be changed either way.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I dont think it will be much different than swapping in a Zetec. Everything has to be changed either way.
This^^^^ just get your donor car next to yours & have at it.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
He never said what he's starting from, not all need a tranny swap as well & zetec swap needs fewer supporting parts for sure.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts

I'd suggest a different regiment of drugs, personally.

What's the condition of the suspension?
Odds are it's poor to unsafe. In which case that is the first thing you should be doing. Making a turd polished with broke-ass suspension is just asking for trouble. And then to think it'll be safe on a track is just stupid. I know if I were behind someone who's car lost a LCA or something, I'd find them and give them a physical reminder of their ignorance.

Safety over all.

·
Registered
658 Posts
He never said what he's starting from, not all need a tranny swap as well & zetec swap needs fewer supporting parts for sure.
Well he wants to swap in a Zetec, and unless you all know something I dont, the Duratec wasnt offered in 2000. So that leave him with a SPI.

Also I havent looked into any swaps, but either way, there are still a lot of parts to swap.

Edit : at OP, I just realized youre in Columbia. Im about 40 min away, but I work in Como. Ill help with anything for whatever you decide, if you want. I need a good reason to get out of the house.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well he wants to swap in a Zetec, and unless you all know something I dont, the Duratec wasnt offered in 2000. So that leave him with a SPI.

Also I havent looked into any swaps, but either way, there are still a lot of parts to swap.

Edit : at OP, I just realized youre in Columbia. Im about 40 min away, but I work in Como. Ill help with anything for whatever you decide, if you want. I need a good reason to get out of the house.
Thanks for the offer man. I will probably take his advice and go suspension first! Need some info and pricing

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I'd suggest a different regiment of drugs, personally.

What's the condition of the suspension?
Odds are it's poor to unsafe. In which case that is the first thing you should be doing. Making a turd polished with broke-ass suspension is just asking for trouble. And then to think it'll be safe on a track is just stupid. I know if I were behind someone who's car lost a LCA or something, I'd find them and give them a physical reminder of their ignorance.

Safety over all.
Hey thanks man. I understand this and i was wondering what brand you would recommend of suspension. Reasonably priced (no not the cheap off brand) just nothing crazy

·
Registered
658 Posts
Thanks for the offer man. I will probably take his advice and go suspension first! Need some info and pricing
Not a problem. Just hit me up if you need/want help with anything. As far as suspension, do you have a budget you are looking to keep it within? You can get some aftermarket struts with lowering springs somewhat cheap, or you can go all out with coilovers for around $1000.

It all depends on how much you are wanting to spend. I am going to go with K-Sport coilovers in the spring time I hope.

Edit : heres the link to the Brakes and Suspension board on the forum here. That will help with a lot of information too.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159

1 - 13 of 13 Posts