Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im usually suspicious of the ebay bov's, but this one looks pretty good. and ive read some reviews about it and it seems to be a great quality product, and actually better than the Greddy Type-S.

It is the NGR Type-S. It is basically just like the Greddy but with better internals. And the customer service is great. ive been talkin to the guy and he's been very cool about things and understanding. even helping me find the flange i need to have it hook up with my current hose.

Heres a link to the ebay page
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170297110818

And here is a link to the youtube of the cars they have it on. it even whistles recirculated! thats why i want it. i want to be noticed more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vybx...tem&item=170297110818&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNSd...tem&item=170297110818&feature=player_embedded

and i will post a review once i have it and its installed.

·
FF Affiliate
31,093 Posts
I have had GREAT luck with the knock off type-s and type-rs used over 50 of them and never an issue wike this guy talks about and you can get them for 1/3 the cost

Thought the fs kit came with a bov

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Tom it comes with the bosch plastic one

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet thats good to hear.

i have a vf race diverter valve. it sounds good but i want to be noticed more and i like the whistle so im getting this one. only $130 shipped + $29.95 for the adapter flange and ill be good to go. im just lovin the fact that it whistles recirculated :)

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Honestly ditch the recirc i had it when i use to have the roush kit and its too quiet. i even had the turbosmart dual port and it was still quiet get that bov and convert it to atmosphere

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you listen to the video clips of this one?

and i would do that if it wasnt so much of a hassle.. if i convert to blow through it would take time and money plus a totally diff tune..

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Your not blow thru?

I would convert to it, the car drives so much better IMO

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
have you ever driven a focussport turbocharged duratec? its pretty awesome to drive. dont really know how at the power level im at right now it could be any better.. smooth idle, fast spool, even powerband.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
have you ever driven a focussport turbocharged duratec? its pretty awesome to drive. dont really know how at the power level im at right now it could be any better.. smooth idle, fast spool, even powerband.
No I havent, I was just stating from my experience from switching it was a great move.

Who knows you could gain more from going to blow thru. The MAF readings are just that more accurate, and you don't have to worry about dumping metered air.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
dumping metered air means it'll run rich for a bit right? jsut trying to understand my projec a bit more

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i cant really make any more power than im making right now on the stock motor and have it be reliable..

if you dump metered air yes you will be rich while it is dumping.. can cause backfiring/stumbling. the recirculated bov it doesnt dump metered air..

anyway mine came in today.. looks good. just waiting on the flange now which will be here friday. then ill install it.

i will do a full review of it when its installed. post videos and experiences with it. if it works out well, i may be seeing if they can do a group buy on here for anyone else interested.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts