Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By October- December I will be getting out of my Mustang and into a Focus. 1. For a cheaper note and 2. Since the job switch its more economical. I am beyond torn between the SE or Ti.

My SE setup would be:
Tux Black
SE Sport pkg. W/ 17' painted alloys
Moon roof ( maybe )
Tuscany Red interior
E.G 203A

My Ti setup:
Tux Black
Ti Sport pkg.
Tuscany Red interior
E.G 401A

Now I don't want you all to tell me what I should get but, instead if you felt you sold short going SE towards Ti etc. I really like the MFT that's what is drawing me back but wanting leather in the the Ti cost 1,950 for the pkg. So the 3k price difference is a issue but maybe worth it. How is select shift in autos?

·
Registered
968 Posts
We just took delivery of our SE (sport, winter, sunroof, Tuscany, 203a, etc....) and love it! For us it was a matter of wanting a manual but not giving up the nice stuff. We're more than happy with the standard Sync, the two screens have great resolution and the 6 speaker system sounds great. The leather sport seats are super nice, and the two tone colors look better in person than they did online.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
671 Posts
some people hate the Select Shit, others(myself being one) enjoy it alot. I'd test drive both as the Select Shift is a deal breaker for a lot of people.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you. My previous mustang was a stick and has the standard sync and I love it. So as my comments come in ill keep weighing options!,

It's nice having joined this forum. I am a member on allfordmustangs.com and that forum and this one are so great and informative. Can't wait to get in a Focus . Great styling plus great MPG equals win!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm glad I got a car with MFT but it was a major selling point for me. It may or may not matter to you but consider the other extras that the Ti has too. One thing to note, the Ti has the sport package standard, the optional handling package adds different shocks, 5 spoke 18s w/ Michelin PS3s, and a full size spare. You may already know that but I though I would mention it just in case.

The select shift buttons are alright, I don't use them too much but I don't have major complaints. Paddle shifters would seem to have been a better option. I usually shift into sport mode and it does pretty well but you have to be in sport mode to use the select shift buttons anyway.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
For My Own purposes, I would go with the SE, simply for the manual, and seeing as how You are already familiar with SYNC I think You would feel pretty much at home in that respect. MFT(and MLT for Lincoln owners) seems to be having a few hiccups currently, but I doubt that will last too long(One can hope, at least).

I test drove an SEL with SelectShift and felt it compared easily to My Town Car(which is very smooth but not SS), but as was said above, You will only know if You like it by test driving one.

Good luck solving Your dilemma, and [welcome]

·
Registered
221 Posts
I went with the SEL without the MFT, simply because I didn't want to spend the extra money for it. If you go for the MFT, then the Titanium is the clear way to go rather than the SEL due to the price of the MFT package.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I am hating MFT right now...
Totally ruining my driving experience.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I am hating MFT right now...
Totally ruining my driving experience.
Sorry to hear that. I am not having any problems with it and I have navigation too, which others have seemed to link to the issues.

Hopefully the update will correct your issues and you will come to love MFT.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The manual is worth getting an SE if you put a high value on being able to shift yourself. You can also check a bunch of threads here about the auto transmission issues people are having. Ditto on the MFT. The issues people are having with these will undoubtedly be sorted out in time, though I'm not sure if they will by the time you're ready to buy.

I thought I'd mind not having leather, but the cloth seats are quite comfortable and don't heat up as much in the sun. The significant price difference between a loaded Ti and optioned up SE make it hugely worth it as well.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I thought I'd mind not having leather, but the cloth seats are quite comfortable and don't heat up as much in the sun. The significant price difference between a loaded Ti and optioned up SE make it hugely worth it as well.
Or you could get an SE with leather... like me. :)

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey Miketex, FYI your not getting the Tux black. It is no longer an option color and has been replaced with Ebony black. I ordered on 6/6 and had to go with the new Ebony black. its the same black that is on the mustang's now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts