Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Dont need luck, if it works good... if not, it cant be any worse then how it came from factory, with one finger bending it up or down an inch and lots of side to side movement

·
Focus Preacher
3,408 Posts
Dont need luck, if it works good... if not, it cant be any worse then how it came from factory, with one finger bending it up or down an inch and lots of side to side movement
Can't be worse than a aftermarket failed mount [grinking]

BTW, any news from them?

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
James Barone said to call him and they would make things right...will do when I remove it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know what will clean up the fluid stains from the bad pmm? Im replacing my mount soon. Have a white car and the fluid stains are everywhere. Kinda sucks. Thanks.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Two days of driving with oem filled mount and its great...its firmer then I expected and while its only been 2 days, there is no sign of any splitting or deformation, the polyurethane is very robust stuff, stronger then the aquarium silicone I would typically use in past. Its character is very similar to JBR mount, except at idle the vibes are less and less harsh vibes 1500rpm to 2000rpm, but other then that, I get the same vibes at similar rpms as the JBR plus some extra small buzzes at certain rpms... hard launches feel very similar, less wheelhop then unfilled mount, torque hits with slight delay compared to jbr

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks good. Curious to see how it holds up after heating and cooling cycles... Like after an hour long road trip to get it nice and toasty. I've never had an issue with it before, just wondering if it will be the same for the MK3. Has there been any change in shift feel?

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Looks good. Curious to see how it holds up after heating and cooling cycles... Like after an hour long road trip to get it nice and toasty. I've never had an issue with it before, just wondering if it will be the same for the MK3. Has there been any change in shift feel?
I'll keep it updated after a few thousand miles of driving.... I don't notice a difference between it being cold and warmed up like the aftermarket poly mounts which definitely are a different and meaner animal cold. If the filled mount doesnt break in or soften this may be too much NVH and vibes for some people as it's a bit better, but still similar to the aftermarket thus far.

As for shift feel, I already have the rmm and drivers side mount, it's similar to aftermarket just a tiny bit more delay when you feel the torque but way better then with oem passenger mount

·
Focus Preacher
3,408 Posts
I'll keep it updated after a few thousand miles of driving.... I don't notice a difference between it being cold and warmed up like the aftermarket poly mounts which definitely are a different and meaner animal cold. If the filled mount doesnt break in or soften this may be too much NVH and vibes for some people as it's a bit better, but still similar to the aftermarket thus far.

As for shift feel, I already have the rmm and drivers side mount, it's similar to aftermarket just a tiny bit more delay when you feel the torque but way better then with oem passenger mount
Just a follow up.. everything as been handled correctly with the previous aftermarket part supplier?

We need to know if JBR stands for their products!!

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I have not contacted them by phone yet, I have to find my order number but via FB the owner said they would make things right, sorry dragging my butt on that but I will update when I do.

On that note, oem mount with the poly is holding up fine, no tears or seperation, still pretty stiff... similar to jbr aftermarket just slightly less

21 - 33 of 33 Posts