Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was looking into the RS bumper and I've heard that you had to do certain thing in order to make the RS bumper fit. Well I was looking into it and according to the Euro Distributor, they said:

"Modifications to the front rebar are required on some US cars to verify a correct installation."

What the hell if a rebar? And exactly what do you have to do to make this all fit together. Also if you can also tell me approx. how much it would cost to do it.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
first of all is it an RS bumper or collection bumper? theres a huge difference, the rebar is the metal bar behind the plastic cover and crash foam, the US hashigher standards for crash ratings so the rebar must be larger on the US focus

·
Registered
484 Posts
hey fellow RS Lover, here is what you need for the full RS front end conversion

RS Front Bumper (Cut the factory rebar/bumper bar to make it fit, US and UK ones are different due to crash standards)

RS Front fenders (available from factory or fibreglass one off's)

RS turn indicators

RS foglights

RS Mesh lower rad grill

RS triangle side markers

All I can say is that you better have deep pockets. All of this shipped will cost a few grand, no matter where you get it from. Best of luck. If you like the RS look and want a cheaper alternative, check boss euro parts. They have a replica that fits us specs. This is all meaningless if you want a 2000 and older style RS bumper, then in which case you need

RS front bumper

RS turn indicators

Foglights

Lower Grill

All of this you can probably round up for under a grand, and if you want it cheaper, Cal-Focus sells a version of the bumper that fits US specs for roughly 300 I believe

Hope I wash of some help
-Blake

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hum...you have a link to that boss Euro Parts?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
the Cal-Focus bumper, despite what they say, is a Collection look alike, the Collection bumpers are bumpers that were options for standard foci in europe, or so i think

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
i have the collection bumper...
i thought it was the RS...
but still a nice looking one...
and you can buy it from www.european-parts.net with the lower SS grille and foglights....and ten you just need the turn signals...and you are done...
with little over 1000 you can have headlights, side markers, and euro grille...
and then you need to cu the rebar to make it fit...

good luck

·
Registered
357 Posts
ahhh the old R/S to RS argument.......

originally called RS, then R/S Collection when the wide body turbo RS came out

so all members are correct in calling both types RS, it is Ford's marketing mistake not comeing up with a better way to dicerne the two[?|]

l8r, John[8D]

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I am talking about the RS with the awesome looking gills on the sides. I am not sure what it is but I believe it is for the newer RS models. Anyways, I was looking at the Boss Automotive site, and yes I saw the look alike, but I looked at the other links there and they had this:

RS style front bumper kit (includes: front bumper with moldings, fog lights, stainless steel lower grille, tow hook cover) 2002 and newer style - U$740.22 / Can$979.00

And I was wondering if that is a closer looking one. I like the RS bumper a lot...and because of the grills and the black they add to the gills to make it come out, I want to get it as close as possible!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hey me again

yes, boss europarts is the closer looking one with the side vents and all. I have seen it installed and it looks bitching, just no widebody. Like I said before, if you have the cash, go real RS all the way, but then you always have the ackward problem of wide front fenders and small rear fenders. You can always get factory ones and bolt them on the rear, but like I said, deep pockets? There are rear knock offs that just go over, but in my opinion, I don't think they look that attractive. Anywhoo, I hope all this has been helpful

-Blake

·
Registered
507 Posts
turbo989 said:

RS style front bumper kit (includes: front bumper with moldings, fog lights, stainless steel lower grille, tow hook cover) 2002 and newer style - U$740.22 / Can$979.00

Can$979.00 ????a bit expensive for a bumper[:D] i can get the whole Wingwest Avenger body kit for Can$900.00 [confused]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts