Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Using a 5.0 explorer 65mm throttle body to house my iac. Made an adapter to go between mazda 3 intake and throttle body. Making custom throttle linkage out of factory focus stuff merged with explorer. Hoping to be able to use the explorer tps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just a little bit of inlet porting to do but mounting it up is done. Working on the linkage now, this is the most challenging part but I've got it about figured out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Had to space the cable attachment out so there is enough room for the cruise cable to work. Bent up the factory bracket to get my geometry correct, then made mounting plate portion out of 1/8" steel.

·
FF Affiliate
30,244 Posts
Spend the money on cams , springs and adj cam gears why the engine is out or you will be very disappointed in the performance of the engine

Tom

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I'd love to but right now I don't have the extra funds to do all that. As long as it runs as good as my 2.3 or a hair better I'll be happy for now. I can pop it back apart at anytime and throw cams in it relatively easily as I just did the whole engine build in 3 days of free time.

I'm getting married in about 90 days now so "car parts" are not important unless it's a necessity(Been together for 13 years) After I recoup from that and the honeymoon it's game on. I'd really like to see what this setup is capable of. Might even consider putting the turbo kit I have on it at that point.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Is there any recommended cams that I can use without valve springs and adjustable gears? I can swing $500 for a pair of cams but put another $5-700 ontop for springs, retainers and cam gears it adds up quick.

I'd like to upgrade the car but at the end of the day I don't want to dump too much into the car as I'll never get it back if I sell it. Not saying it's in my plans but you just never know. I've already got a 4x4 ranger with probably 10k thrown at it and a supercharged mustang I've got about 10k in as well. I'll probably never sell my ranger but could sell the mustang tomorrow and not look back because I've had my fun and have 4 kids now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Put some thought into it and decided I want to do stock replacement right now. I can upgrade pretty easily at anytime with all the tools I have available.

Pulled the drivetrain out tonight after work, took about 3.5 hours. I'll get it back together in the next few days and will report how things go.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It's in and runs. Have some tweaking to do though. I'll update in the next few days as I work the bugs out.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts