Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Powerworks SC kit from Tony at New Edge Performance today. Tony seems like a super cool guy.
His price on the kit shipped was the lowest I've found.
This kit should give my Focus the punch it's missing.[:D]
The only drawback is having to run PREMIUM fuel. But if I got a SCT and a good tune and wanted the most out of it I would have to run that anyway.
Now I guess I'll have to sell my intake and new FS underpulley I never installed.
Hopefully I won't have any issues and will be boosting soon.[:)~]

·
Registered
433 Posts
sweet man...what did you pay if you dont mind sharing? So am i right in assuming you can SC the zetec without new internals? or do you have to upgrade bottom end? IDK if its in the future for my foci but it sure would let me enjoy my car more

·
Registered
29 Posts
Powerworks is probably the best out there and i know tony d personally and he is a really cool guy. In fact, Im goin to see him tomorrow. Good luck with your new toy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hondaluver said:
sweet man...what did you pay if you dont mind sharing? So am i right in assuming you can SC the zetec without new internals? or do you have to upgrade bottom end? IDK if its in the future for my foci but it sure would let me enjoy my car more
I paid $3074.95 shipped to my door.
Yes, no need to upgrade the bottom end. But the stock clutch won't last for long.
I live in S. Florida and there are some companies close by me who are sponsors on FF. I wanted to give me support to a local company like CFM or Steeda but their prices where higher. Plus I have to pay sales tax of 7%. So it was cheaper to buy out of state. It s*#ks when you think about it. Having a company next door but purchasing from out of state and saving enough cash to buy a clutch. That and Tony will answer all your questions and never tried to pressure me into buying anything. Just hours of car talk. The first I spoke to him I was on the line for almost 2hrs. But enjoyed every minute of it.[thumb] Steeda kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I've called them twice asking about clutchs, PW SC, Dyno time and installation costs. They never seem to have the correct answers and promised to call me back and never do. I mean heck, I'm looking to spend several thousands of dollars. I would like a little service.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Keep us posted on installation and power gains as I am seriously thinking of one of these kits too.Seems like a lot of bang for the buck.I am wondering how the mail-in PW tune will be and overall driveability.I also was thinking of the SCT2 for a fine tune in the future.Nice choice and good luck!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been reviewing the instruction online at powerworks.
I asked Tony if they have a 93 octane tune. He stated they only have a 91 octane tune. It was the only way to get it carb legal everywhere. So the tune isn't going to be on the ragged edge. I can get 93 octane everywhere. But Tony stated they won't due any special tunes for the ones of us who can get a higher grade of fuel. But it should be safer if you get a bad tank of gas. That happens some times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts