Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know an esay way to take off the rear emblems? i want a smooth clean look, badgeless you know. I have heard the you can use fishing wire, but that was just something someone said to try.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, i didnt know it existed

·
Registered
580 Posts
ZETEC3 said:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/howtos/debadge/

Try looking in the how to section first next time.
i think that since the howto section is only linked from the homepage, it makes it somewhat inaccessible to people. i know i bookmarked the main forums page, and didn't even see the howto section until you pointed it out (and i've been hanging around here for at least a few months now).

·
Registered
951 Posts
It's real easy....heat up the badges for about 3 min with a hairdryer, slowly peel off with your fingers, scrape the excess glue off with your fingernails, wax that section, then finish with a spray on detailer........I used Maquiers. You're done in no more than 15-20 min.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have some pics I put up in the showroom section.......pics of the Bucket. You can see how it looks if ya want.

·
Registered
13 Posts
BIGBADWORM said:
It's real easy....heat up the badges for about 3 min with a hairdryer, slowly peel off with your fingers, scrape the excess glue off with your fingernails, wax that section, then finish with a spray on detailer........I used Maquiers. You're done in no more than 15-20 min.
thatd be the best way to do it...i just used my fingers and peeled as i used as my hairdryer and didnt need any floss or anything to clean up the leftover stocke stuff...i heard gum off works quite well if your running into that problem[:D]

·
Registered
678 Posts
i used nothing but my fingernails.. it took me what like 3 mins tops? i read about all these folks saying to use floss and hairdryers? why? it peels right off leaving barely any glue.. unlike those darn pinstripes.. theres still glue from those on my car.. ahhh

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
you can do it just withyour fingernails. best stuff to get off the excess glue qould be bug and tar remover. 3M's stuff is really good.

Mike

·
Registered
187 Posts
how easy would it be to re-apply the stickers elsewhere? i guess it depends on the material u want it to adhere to, but what is a good adhesive for most surfaces?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well it all came off tonight, and what a fight it put might i add. The surface was heated and the dental floss was slid, but on most of the letters all the adhesive stayed put. So i spent about 25 min or so rubbing with soapy water and goo-gone on the back of my car. Then buffed it out with some mothers wax, and it looks pretty sweet. Just one more reason to believe that with enough paper towels, you can acomplish anything.

Also added some blue headlights and did the fog light mod. All in all my night went well.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
i think we should start making that how-to section monstrous. every part you put on make a how-to out of it! (free stickers)

·
Registered
386 Posts
YEAH...I GOT A FOCUS FANATIC STICKER!!! THAT ADDS 200HP RIGHT THERE!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts