Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to get some suggestions on how to go about doning an all motor engine, i don't want any boost.
i have 2k3 zx5 dohc 16v zetec with auto tranny.
i have done cold air intake, universal muffler( about to change exhaust pipes to 2.2inch), steeda spark plug wires.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
ok, first sell the exhaust, then do minor bolt ons (exhaust,flex,header,udp,tb,chip)....then do the tranny...then go from there, after the tranny is done, you can truely decide what you want.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i go paycheck to paycheck with rent, car payment, insurance and other basics, can slide a atleat $150.00 a month to spend on my car and sometimes less or more.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
well...then its gonna take you a long time to get any sort of good power outta your car man...sorry but its gonna be $$$$$....i suggest just saving it towards something else...or if you want just get a chip/udp/cat-back...but thats gonna take ya some time...maybe look on e-bay for some used stuff.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
you're better off just boosting it, but whatever. Expect to spend 1-2k in the trannie. Then new head, cams, gears, dyno tune, intake, full exhaust, throttle body, bigger injectors, the list is endless, you'd save money and time by just getting a jrsc sadly enough.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i dont see how he is better boosting it on the budget he is on. to get a properly built enigne, w/boost, and built tranny he would be looking at 10k. to go all motor her will have to drop maybe 2 on the tranny. then just do it bolt on by bolt on.

prime, how fast are u wanting to go? what kinda 1/4?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
lol 9's N/A

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I gotta agree with Kickn...which is pretty hard not to do just about all the time. It costs major bucks to get your Focus moving. You're already penalized on power to the pavement due to the ATX...believe me, I know ( I threw more than a grand in boltons into my car and dyno'd at a wopping 113 whp). This is reality. Sure, you can save, etc., but it will be a while. Hey, I'm all for mods, and I don't want to get you down. You should know though, before you start, what you're looking at. The ATX is truley a huge, costly, obstacle to real performance...

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i've noticed that ATX people aren't to happy with how the car takes to mods. I've put a grand maybe a little more into my car and am very pleased with how my car took to them i just can't wait to finish my exhaust off. I dunno if u wanna go super NA with an ATX be ready to dig deep into those pockets

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
hey chalon...
what mod did you have in your car ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanx to everyone i might be able to come with 2 g's by jan 04
then i'll i do some engine mods.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts