Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welps I'm goin to a junkyard tommoree and I'll be lookin for a older car to pick up and save from the yard. I will do the interior and such and my friend will do the body work and maybe donw the road some engine work will be done, but anyway I was lookin for some advice on what would be a good fixer upper that actually has potential to be decently fast and look nice.

·
Registered
951 Posts
how bout an old skool Nova? Impala SS? Mustang fastback? I got one, I just watched Smokey and the Bandit the other day for like the 86th time.....how bout that Firebird in the movie!!!! Thats probably a lil too white trash though.

·
Registered
705 Posts
How about an old pickup, from back in the day if you can find one, 50's and earlier please no square trucks not worth the cash cept the 62 to 72 chevy pick ups

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
get a big arse Ford Falcon and build the mad max car.....that would be sweet, or build a sleeper, get some old sedan thats capable of nice engine mods or a motor swap, and somthing w/o Hs on it

·
Registered
419 Posts
look for an 87 cutlass supreme or monte carlo even sweeter if u can find one with t-tops

·
Registered
5,679 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Man...what an open ended question. Hell I didn't think there were any old cars in junk yards anymore. Way back when, my buddies and I used to cruise the "old folks neighborhoods" and look for a gem sitting in tall grass...I remember seeing a cool old Superbee, a Rambler, many a Mustang, Malibu's...etc. But that was 20 years ago. I'm pretty partial to a 78-82 Malibu 2dr. V8.
Good luck...sounds like a good time to me.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
hey...
i still do that...
i go arround looking for cars...
no luck so far...
but still looking hoping to find a malibu ss from the late 60's or early 70's and a unkoing old guy willing to sell it for $400 !

joel

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Dude,
them old guys know what they've got...I never picked one off either...they'd just laugh and say it's not for sale. Maybe you could throw some vaigra into the deal....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the great suggestions! hmm I'm looking for something more along the lines of having the potential to be fast and has a decent enough aftermarket for the engine, so most likely a car[:p]. I was thinking that I didn't want to go any older than say earliy 80s unless there is a real diamond out there! Hell, how much ya think a body damaged ZX3 would cost? Well thanks again for the input! I'll inform you how it goes!

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
well no here...
there is still ignorant people in the arround the rular areas that bought thouse car chep and they are just parked under grass....
i know people who have bought chevelles and maibus in great shape for couple of hundred bucs !
so...
and swy go with a mopar...
with an old mopar you never go wrong !
there are tons of after market for mopar...
maybe not a c-body but other style...
you could get a 440 manum there and kick ass !

Joel

·
Registered
705 Posts
How about Grand national ive seen some that need a little work for like 4 grand little expensive but its a project car that will rule the streets if you want a race project.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
bah !
4dr ford....
thats sucks !

[hihi]

[:D]

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
el_pio said:
bah !
4dr ford....
thats sucks !

[hihi]

[:D]
it comes w/ everything to drop in a V8 and has teh mad max MFP paint, which i think is pretty spiff, go see the movie and tell me it sucks[}:)]

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
one car I would love to make a huge major sleeper, would be an mn-12 thunderbird. Grandpa cruisers with stang gt engines. They're heavy, but people have dropped in big blocks, cobra engines, 4.6 PI engines, superchargers, everything you can think of and run some major power while being a major sleeper. You could get a parts tbird pretty cheap, or even a 4.6 v8 later model with decent miles for under 4k. If not that, i'd get a late 80's 5.0 stang.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts