Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone 1 use the godspeed intake manifold on there 2010 ses?i don't want to waste a grand on the cosworth 1

·
FF Affiliate
30,688 Posts
On the 2010 you will have to modify the intake for the PS pump other then that I like the intake , what other mods do you have ? and it will require a tune

Tom

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it hard to modify it to fit? and right now just cold air intake and exhaust I was going to get the tune next then intake manifold

·
Registered
353 Posts
Or use an earlier 2.3 Focus P/S pump elbow and external p/s reservoir. I used an 05 Mustang p/s reservoir. Be sure you use good ATF/Hydraulic hose if you go this route!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I deleted it all. Using a older Jaguar 2.5 Duratec pulley. It's a direct swap with the stock unit, and it deletes the power steering. We connected the lines together after that.

·
Registered
353 Posts
If I do this does it bolt straight up?
You are still using the same pump. All you do is find an older 2.3 p/s pump from the junkyard and pull the elbow out with a rag (to keep from marring it up too much) and a good set of channel locks. Then on your pump you would remove the plastic reservoir replace it with the elbow you got from the 2.3 pump from the junkyard; be sure to put some rtv around the elbow before you tap it back in there with a hammer. That is how Ford did it, you do not need to swap pumps, cut/modify your manifold etc. to do this.

This costs next to nothing and gives you the least work imo. From there you just get a remote reservoir of your choice and relocate it towards the firewall or anywhere there is room and run your hoses (using hydraulic/automatic transmission hose only) just like an older Focus with the remote reservoir. And yes the manifold bolts right up, you will have to clean the velocity stacks some and make sure there is no flashing/metal shavings inside before you install though. Other than that straightforward install, you will have to plug some holes and since your car is DBW the install might vary some from mine (as older Foci were cable actuated). Be sure you get feedback from someone with a DBW (08-11) Focus to be sure of the steps to get this to work.

Be sure to check out these threads too, it covers some of the known issues and prep work and a recent intake leak around the TB that was found that we fixed.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/duratec-performance-2003-2007/517577-cosi-knock-off-install-iac.html

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/duratec-performance-2003-2007/421178-fake-cossie-intake-manifold.html

·
Registered
353 Posts
I really like that power steering reservoir you used, looks 100000000X better than that ugly yellow thing. was it easy to mount?
Yep, I just used a bracket and a shim (anything to raise the reservoir up) along with a nut and a bolt to mount it to an existing hard point (as shown in 2nd picture). This keeps it far enough from the header and still looks factory to anyone who didn't know any better.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Editing a few pictures here, tinypic somehow replaced my reservoir pic with some odd stock photo. Already informed a mod about the ones I can't edit (quotes).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice plenum, what is the make and height and depth dimensions. I have chassis fouling with my standard intake plenum on my duratec 2.0ltr on the Locost Clubman. Have you the standard throttle body fitted?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Your post makes no sense. "Plenum" I'm guessing your talking about the intake manifold, which is a factory fabrication by Godspeed, a company that can be easily found online. You have chassis fouling? What does that mean? Are you talking about your tumble flaps failing, if you have tumble flaps? Yes the standard 03/4-07 U.S. Focus throttle body fits the 08-11 Drive by wire does not, you will have to tap on throttle body bolt.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts