Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, my forcus ZX3 has been the ideal car. I love it so much, but I just got back from going to the mall, I had to back out over a fairly large chunk of ice, and it didnt sound too nice when I drove over it. Now my left signal light at the front (and in the cabin) blinks REALLY REALLY fast, and if you look at the back of the car, it isnt doing anything.

Is there a site I can go to, or a diagram or something that would show me how to fix this? .... I obviously cant drive it again until this is fixed. I need people to know which way I am going, otherwise it is just dangerous.

Please help me out if you can! Also is this a common problem? Do you know a better place to ask this question? Any help would be greatly appreciated! .... and HI! Im Stickfa! Im new!

Thanks!!!! [:I]

·
Registered
489 Posts
i could be wrong but, i think when a light blinks fast like that, it means one of your bulbs needs to be replaced...since you saw your taillight blinker wasn't working, there's your answer...new bulb for your taillight.

if you can't do it yourself, go to a ford dealer...i doubt they'd charge you anything.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Usually, when one turn signal bulb burns out, the others will blink faster, merely because the same amount of electricity is going to less bulbs. This was how it went with my old S-10 Blazer, I've never had a bulb go on my Focus.

I'm guessing the impact either blew the filament in the bulb, or knocked the light's ground wire loose. Pull the bulb out, and take a look at it. If the bulb is cracked, or the filament has fallen off, or a section of the filament is missing, you blew the bulb. The filament is the super thin wire running across the center of the bulb. If any of the above is the case, go to AutoZone or the like, and get a new bulb. They should have a book that lists the bulb you need. If not, ask the guy at the counter, or check your owner's manual.

If this is not the problem, try going to a garage, unless you're decent at troubleshooting wiring problems.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whc_emt said:
Usually, when one turn signal bulb burns out, the others will blink faster, merely because the same amount of electricity is going to less bulbs. This was how it went with my old S-10 Blazer, I've never had a bulb go on my Focus.

I'm guessing the impact either blew the filament in the bulb, or knocked the light's ground wire loose. Pull the bulb out, and take a look at it. If the bulb is cracked, or the filament has fallen off, or a section of the filament is missing, you blew the bulb. The filament is the super thin wire running across the center of the bulb. If any of the above is the case, go to AutoZone or the like, and get a new bulb. They should have a book that lists the bulb you need. If not, ask the guy at the counter, or check your owner's manual.

If this is not the problem, try going to a garage, unless you're decent at troubleshooting wiring problems.

Hope this helps.
OMG! I LOVE YOU! .... okay .... I think you are totally right ... I wanna go do this right now ... (1:00am) ... I am worried about my baby .... it is such a kick ass little ripper of a car .... i love it so much ...

*goes and does it*

yup, my left bulb is burnt out, and the right one when placed in the left socket works perfectly fine. Thanks for all your help!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts