Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after refurbishing some wheels I bought of a fellow FF'er (Sean aka badass) back in February and I finally got them on and looking good!

Here she was all stock:

These were what I was working with: they are 16" TSW Hockeheim R's

They were pretty rough but sometime you need a project.
I got them all sanded down to this:

I started JB welding one of the wheels which had a chunk as big as my thumbnail taken out of it. (That's the close up I posted earlier). Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the JB welding process. Just know that it took FOREVERRR.

Long story short they are mostly done, just need to finish the center caps and find the hexnuts to keep the caps on... but for the most part
they're ready to roll!

Here ya go!

She really needs a drop!

And thanks to Josh at Hendricks Design Studio for the FocusXtreme badge!

Let me know what you think!

They have 205/50/R16 Goodyear Eagle GT tires on them.

Reactions: 6SPD_soul

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Only one way to pull those colors off. Coilovers! Or fail lol

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Good work on those wheels, the finish looks pretty damn good. It pains me to say this, but I just realized you're a girl, and without emasculating myself I'll say the car needs more pink. And black. A simple black paint finish with pink accents would look pretty damn good.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
great job on the wheels

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only one way to pull those colors off. Coilovers! Or fail lol
I completely agree. NEXT!

Good work on those wheels, the finish looks pretty damn good. It pains me to say this, but I just realized you're a girl, and without emasculating myself I'll say the car needs more pink. And black. A simple black paint finish with pink accents would look pretty damn good.
Thank you!

I used Montana Gold's Shock Pink (which is actually a graffiti paint) so I'm surprised they didn't come out gross.

I didn't paint them pink because I was a girl, I originally did it because I thought it would be silly but they've actually grown on me. Thinking maybe painting the inside of the grill the same color? Who knows.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Very impressed. I love it when girls mod foci clean with their own style thrown in. I dig it!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Looks Awesome! Give it a drop and it'll look super shnazzy [thumb] Also, I love the black painted lower grill on the front bumper. I want to do that but my front bumper is messed up so it'd be kind of a waste at this point. Get some black housing headlights to tie in the black upper grill trim and you'd have yourself a pretty baller Foucs.

...Can I user baller to describe a Focus [???:)]

·
Registered
251 Posts
inside grill will be all you need ...
to tie it all together ....
then move on to other things in your life.

Unless of course you want to add a few pokka dot bubbles behind the front wheels.

you know ... instead of flames.....

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
sweet. Always a fan of colored wheels of course [;)]

Also I saw a white forester with orange wheels and another with pink wheels. Yours looks great too :)

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
LOOKS GREAT! i also love the crazy wheels ;).

Keep it crazy girl!

·
Registered
318 Posts
holy hell this thing NEEDS slammage! those wheels cant be pulled off otherwise.

-gabe

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
inside grill will be all you need ...
to tie it all together ....
then move on to other things in your life.

Unless of course you want to add a few pokka dot bubbles behind the front wheels.

you know ... instead of flames.....
Haha no thank you on polka dot bubbles. If anything instead of flames I'd get kitten decals going down the side. (just kidding)

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
x200

guuuuuuurl that looks sooo good!!! When you gonna get that drop?

Hopefully soon! It needs one so bad! Any suggestions on how to drop it? I'm not looking to slam it but juuuust enough.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Holy Moly you weld? if so by far I am less of a man starting right now. I tried spot welding and i made a huge mess lol

btw Looks awsome!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yeah, those wheels look nice. Love the spoke pattern and the color choice!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts