Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice that when you put stuff in the glovebox, the stuff in there slides around everytime you take a corner? Really annoying. I'm going to have to line it with something I'm thinking. Like maybe some foam. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
416 Posts
i'm sure there are non-skid liners you can place in there.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Put more stuff in there.

Umbrella, tire pressure gauge, manual (up in the shelf), first aid kit, flashlight....
The manual falls out of the shelf every time I put it there!
The shelf is too wide for the manual!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Mine fits snugly,
Another US Blunder (No Disrespect to Forum Members Intended).
Why don't they build them just like the Germans designed them ?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I thought that was the weirdest thing I've ever seen I am just going to configure the manual cover to be too wide to fall out.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Mine does this in my first gen too, the kitchen grip liner isn't a bad idea.

What I did was buy one of those clear zipper bags that you use to put all your liquids in when going through an airport, and just put all my junk in it. It has really helped with crap flying around in there, and actually makes it easy to find what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought one of those cargo carriers from Pep Boys. It's kind of a squarish vinyl thing with adjustable slats that secure to the sides with Velcro. It isn't overly large and doesn't take up much space in my hatch. I certainly didn't want my dial-type tire gauge, flashlight, etc rolling around in the glovebox as you mentioned. I didn't want to clutter the armrest storage either.

Certainly isn't something that everyone would want in their car, but it works for me.

Perhaps my manual is thicker than yours is, but it fits perfectly in the spot where it belongs.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I took your suggestion and tried to stuff my golf umbrella in the glovebox, it didn't fit, too long.
You couldn't try your normal umbrella. You had to get your golf umbrella. [chairfall] Hahahaha !!!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I took your suggestion and tried to stuff my golf umbrella in the glovebox, it didn't fit, too long.

I have two giant golf umbrellas.. Got them free.
I just keep one in the rear seat floor. No one ever sits back there... Also my jacket and a sweater are on the floor back there.
I NEVER drive wearing a jacket or coat, no matter how cold. -10F ouside temp. still take off my coat or jacket BEFORE I get into car. [screwy]
(I just cannot stand wearing a jacket or coat while driving. period.)

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
That's no fun!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Is your manual in a zippered case, or is it just the manual?

Mine came in a zippered case, and paperwork fits nicely in it and into the shelf :)

·
Registered
788 Posts
My manual case falls out too. I've thought about fitting a piece of cardboard or something to wedge it in, but so far it hasn't been a big deal. There's still plenty of room for the manual, calculator, note pad, flashlight, fuse puller, mechanical pencil, small box of tissues, glasses case, lighter, some napkins and other small items. As hard as I try, I still can't get that darn golf umbrella in there.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Slow down going around corners!!
Not going fast, just taking a corner at normal speed causes stuff to slide back and forth. Again, because it's flat in the glovebox whereas most modern glove boxes, when you close them is kind of V shaped or slightly inclined at the bottom.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Mine is in a velcro case. Did I not get the right one? It is a bit loose in there (horizontally).
I got the same Velcro case and mine falls out without fail everytime I put it in.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I got the same Velcro case and mine falls out without fail everytime I put it in.
Velcro here also. I just don't close it as tight as it will go and it stays in.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts