Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a bit of searching here and haven't found what I'm looking for... I just ordered an iPod control interface (along with new speakers and head unit), and would like to set it up so that the cable runs from the head unit to the glove box. I haven't done any work on the inside of the car before, and am curious as to what I'll have to do to get the wire between the stereo and the glove box - is there a gap between the paneling inside I can just push the cable through, or will I have to remove a few parts?

Thanks in advance...

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
There is a way to get it in, you'll have to rout the cables around a few things and 'possibly' drill a hole in the side of the actual glove box to have the wire go in smoothly. You actually should be able to do it all without ANY drilling or real issues.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
i know in my 05 i have plenty of room to move wires around and run things by my glove box, shouldnt be a huge issue... but i (personally) would drill the hole in the glove box to run it through, just to keep it clean looking... just me $.02

·
Registered
178 Posts
if you didn't want o do any drilling i put mine in the little change holder above the cigarette lighter...first you hafta pull the change holder out completely and remove the top cover so that it's open and then feed the wire through...oh i forgot to mention that i've got an ipod mini which fits perfectly hopefully yours fits too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea swimmer - that actually sounds better than the glove box anyways, easier to get to the change tray. The wife and I both have iPod mini's, so that won't be a problem.

Thanks all for the help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm not sure which setup you're getting but I have the Pioneer Ipod interface which is a little black box. I just double side taped mine to the inside edge of the dash up behind the glove box. Then power from the headunit, as well as the cd changer cable, and then just ran the ipod cable up and around the glove box and zip tied it up out of the way so it doesn't get pinched or anything. Works out very nicely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts