Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at ordering a 2012 Titanium, and just wondering if the car has Global Window control or if it something that can be programmed into the FOB? I know the UK models have it. But what about the US models?

Thanks

·
Registered
882 Posts
So I'm looking at ordering a 2012 Titanium, and just wondering if the car has Global Window control or if it something that can be programmed into the FOB? I know the UK models have it. But what about the US models?

Thanks
Nope.

Stinks, because of the 3 cars I was looking to buy this is the only one without it (BMW 335i and Mercedes C300)

·
Registered
218 Posts

Thanks
What is Global Window Control? I do not want to open the windows on every Focus on the planet when I push "The Button!" [:)][:)][:)]

·
Registered
524 Posts
Google only pointed me back to this post, what exactly is global window control?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the link to the ford website explanation of it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
it's a button on your FOB that lowers all your windows at once... my 2000 VW Golf has it.
Ahhhh,
My Acura has that and everytime my wife drives the car she somehow enables it for a second or two so that the sunroof is partially open and all of the windows are partially down..... I have to go out and manually close everything before the Florida afternoon storms hit. What a PITA.... I can definitely do without it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
http://www.fordmanuals.org/page-2433.html

Not on US models but would be pretty nice on those toasty days wouldn't it?
Not in Florida!! You would have bird poo and who knows what kind of bugs crawling around waiting for you. Not to mention rain soaked interior. We tint and block down here. It is the only safe thing to do.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
I recently went on a trip to California, and my mother, she grew up there, left the windows partly down while we went into a convenience store. It was such a shock to be okay to leave the windows slightly open! Since living in Tampa, I never roll my windows down except when driving. Otherwise I'd have soaking wet interiors! (Rains everyday of the summer in Tampa.) - just my 2 cents. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
I recently went on a trip to California, and my mother, she grew up there, left the windows partly down while we went into a convenience store. It was such a shock to be okay to leave the windows slightly open! Since living in Tampa, I never roll my windows down except when driving. Otherwise I'd have soaking wet interiors! (Rains everyday of the summer in Tampa.) - just my 2 cents. :)
Stalker![8D][8D]

Its the truth though, down here you dont open your windows unless you are trying to get noseeums out or some other weird bug that happened to enter the car at the same time as you....
We have a lot of weird bugs!!!! Some that make you go "Holy ##### I am not getting in that car!" We learn to deal with them and also how to pass them out the window if need be.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Being up here in South Dakota, I really don't have to worry about the bug issue. Would still love to find a way to program the fob

·
Registered
882 Posts
Most of you guys are missing the reason for it lol it's not meant to *OPEN* your windows, it's meant to *CLOSE* them.

The basic reason it was created is so you can get out of your car (with all of the stuff open) and then on the way away from the car (or if it starts raining) you can remotely close all windows. It's a fantastic feature...and there's really no reason it's not on the Focus.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Most of you guys are missing the reason for it lol it's not meant to *OPEN* your windows, it's meant to *CLOSE* them.

The basic reason it was created is so you can get out of your car (with all of the stuff open) and then on the way away from the car (or if it starts raining) you can remotely close all windows. It's a fantastic feature...and there's really no reason it's not on the Focus.
why don't you read the link there champ, does BOTH

http://www.fordmanuals.org/page-2433.html

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hmmm, that would be nice. My old car had this (for the front windows, at least). It was very handy on those hot days to have the windows roll down as you approached the car. Just having them down for those 30 seconds or so kept it from feeling like you were stepping into an easy-bake oven.

Well, I tried it with my IA key. Nope. It would be swell if this were something we could activate.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Perhaps the reason we don't have it in the USA is our litigious society.
Hi, or wives that need educating on how the remote door locks actually work. If you keep the unlock button depressed the windows and sunroof will open, if you just dab the button they don't. Rocket science it isn't and a very simple and effective device, our GM, Vauxhall to us, cars have had them since the late eighties.
Chris

·
Registered
788 Posts
I know for sure the Global Open Feature is offered on late build 2010 and 2011 Fusions. My guess is it is also a feature on Taurus, Explorer and Exhibition. It allows you to open the windows prior to getting in the car. On cars equipped with this feature, you press the standard key fob unlock button for 2 seconds and the windows open. I do not know if it closes the windows when the lock button is pressed. With all the other great tech features on the Focus, I was a little disappointed that the upper trims did not have this convenience.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts