Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about this for a while...

I got a 2.5" inlet/outlet thrush glasspack muffler, but I figured it would be too loud for my liking and needs.

So I've been wondering if anyone thinks that a glasspack combined with the OEM resonator would sound decent? Probably wouldn't be much of a rasp... Just looking for insight

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Say Micah, you don't have that much cash, & you already have it, so I'd install it + you have a 23 which is going to have a deeper tone then a 20. I'd install it & save your cashola.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I'm not sure what you're thinking of doing with that, did you save the "lunchbox" (resonator) for reuse?

I think all the 2.3's run a second CAT, followed by the muffler with the resonator at the rear for a stock exh. system. You're in WI, I can't remember if you mentioned having a PZEV version or not when you did the DIY SRI.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure what you're thinking of doing with that, did you save the "lunchbox" (resonator) for reuse?

I think all the 2.3's run a second CAT, followed by the muffler with the resonator at the rear for a stock exh. system. You're in WI, I can't remember if you mentioned having a PZEV version or not when you did the DIY SRI.
I do have the PZEV. It has the second cat.

And I did save the lunchbox.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I do have the PZEV. It has the second cat.

And I did save the lunchbox.
Throw the bullet onboard & see what you think. You can always throw the lunchbox at it later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts