Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a resonator to quiet down my header . I happen to have a $20 gift certificate for summit racing that will just about cover the cost of me buying a glasspack vs the $70ish it would cost to buy a maganflow resonator. Does anyone have hands on experience using a glass pack on the focus? I guess my main question is longevity. I realise that it will eventually burn out the glass but how long would that take on a focus with a race header? I figure it should last longer than on a V8 like they are kind of intended for simply due to the smaller engine should equal less heat?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ive had mine for a year now and if it's gotten louder since the install I havn't noticed it. Even if it ever did get louder I would happly pay the money again. That's how much more tolerable it made my car. It will still be loud but just not embarresing anymore. For that reason my one pece of advice is get the biggest one that you possibly can. Mine was almost three feet long.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 31" Cherry Bomb cut into my Magnaflow. I put the glass pack in a few weeks after the race header because it attracted too much attention without the cat. The glass pack makes it idle very quiet and only sounds like a bubble bee in beer can to about 3000 rpm. It has a nice tone cruising and at higher rpms.

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
I welded a magnaflow 6" round 18" long muffler in my MBRP right after my flex, and it got rid of just about ALL of the buzzyness, and also gave it a nice mellower tone

·
Registered
116 Posts
Deesnuts said:
I have a 31" Cherry Bomb cut into my Magnaflow. I put the glass pack in a few weeks after the race header because it attracted too much attention without the cat.
Ha. I got a Cherry bobm too but I didn't wnat to admit it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well guys I got the 31" thrush glass pack installed today. I think it actually made it a little TOO quiet for my tastes LOL ! I didnt really expect it to work this well quieting things down , I was hoping the volume would stay close to the same and just take away some of the raspiness and ricer sound in the high RPMS. Oh well it sounds stock at idle now and beautifull when Im getting on it , plus now I can hear the JRSC finally over top the exhaust.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didnt have it dynoed again but nothing that I can notice. Besides its a straight through glasspack with perforated core so there is minimal change in flow.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
When I got my exhaust put on I had a like...16" glasspack put on and I hear my intake quite a bit more than I hear my exhaust and my exhaust is 2.5".

Sorry to bring this back to life but I can vouch for the glasspack! Plus it's 100% HOLLOW. So no restricted exhaust flow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts