Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Im transfering out to University of San Diego at the end of this summer for school of course and just wanted to give a shout out to you guys. New focus rollin around in the area, would definitely be fun in the area. Saw that there is already a tuesday night gtg, ill be sure to make one of those, seeing that I know nothing in San Diego, ill make sure to contact one of you guys.

Just curious, whats the reaction over there to people with new york plates, i know in some states I have been given the bird for honking my horn when someone didnt move at green light after a generous amount of time give. Or been given the finger for just having the NY plate. Is there any attitude toward out of staters at all?

Either way, I look foward to moving out there and meeting a new crew to chill with for the time being.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Dude, that's not a NY thing, that's an ASS thing. Wherever there's an ass, there will be someone who gets angry when their mistakes get corrected.

Happens to me all the time...

Lamar

PS: And the funny thing about it, is that when I gently tap my horn to let someone know that the light is green, after they flip me off, I change lanes to get right beside the person, and when I look over at him/her with this huge "you're funny" grin on my face, they look straight ahead, hands at 10 and 2.

I think if you have the balls to give some random stranger the finger, you should have enough in you to at least find out who you're doing it to, and how they respond...

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
WHAT LAMAR SAID!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha, this is true it seems. Just thought it was because people disliked new yorkers. Well good times ahead driving cross country and meeting new people.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have Vermont plates, and all it means is that I got pulled over first. But I don't think I have ever stayed beside another car long enough to get a finger...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts