Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Focus 2.0 TDCi. On Friday the car wouldn't start found air in fuel line, bled and started fine. took a drive on the main road to give it a quick run and the safe mode set in. got back home and switched off and all was fine for the weekend, no hassles.
today Tuesday on the way home from work I switched off and removed the key only to find that the engine was still running. I then used the key to switch on and off a few times before it died.
I then removed to battery for about a minute or so and then it was fine. about 30 min later the alarm lights were flashing so I disarmed it and started the engine and when I switched off it continued to run (keyless)

what to do?[screwy][screwy]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat

Welcome to FF!

Hopefully you'll get some helpful ideas here, not too many members with TDCi engines here so answers might take a while.

Some generic assistance that fits all might help though.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Odd. But sounds like a dieing battery could be part of the problem. Another might be a power hold relay going bad/ or weak.

Strange electrical problems generally track back to a battery problem and low voltage though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the ideas. As a electrician I figured that that battery could be an issue. however, I booked the car in at a Ford service centre and they came back to me saying the engine not stopping problem is a cracked intake manifold and a leaking injector rack.(hopefully covered by warranty)
I had a tracker unit fitted and Ford think it was connected in the wrong place and if the tracker unit were faulty it influences the computer to do strange things.
I will see in the morning if their assumptions are correct.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Cross fingers

If a Diesel can get fuel, it'll definitely stay running even if not well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so I went to the FORD dealer in the town and quoted R10 000 to replace "cracked" inlet manifold and leaking pipes. after two days I decided to get the second opinion. there is nothing wrong with the car. nothing cracked nor leaking. maybe something got wet when washing the car but all is good.
then why would the people I'm supposed to trust the most with my car are the ones trying to rip me off by assuming instead of physically looking for the issue.
I have and from now on always go to the "old school" mechanics who want to work on cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts