Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with these chips? They claim to ofer 60 More Hp and increase mileage by 4 to 7 MPG.
If we installl them will it void my factory warranty?[scratch]

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
The only thing You will void is money from Your wallet.

The tune for the 2012 Focus is not available for consumer use yet(because it hasn't been written completely yet), and to-date there is no possible way to "chip" a Focus(it can only be done via a custom tune via the OBDII port), therefore whatever chip is supposedly available is a scam, plain and simple.

tl;dr

Save Your money

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
Yeah, 60hp + 4 mpg is quite a claim as well. I don't think chips for a Mustang with 412 hp give a gain as high as that. Look at the percentages: That would be about a 37.5% increase in HP output- that's ridiculous. Even if the company offered dyno sheets to prove it, I'd be wary of things like the barometric pressure on the readout. Simple changes to BP can make certain dyno readouts look really amazing without doing anything at all to the car.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. I am surprised that CF performance Chips are allowed to advertize in a window on this site.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Anyone can buy ad space, and usually it is targeted to the type of consumer that might frequent the site that they plan on throwing ads at. This is not something that can be controlled or regulated(other than offensive, illegal or XXX stuff), and Focus Fanatics is not affiliated(nor endorsing) in any way with external advertisers. Unless it was a banner ad within the forum, in which case We may need to dig deeper. I have personally never seen their ad, but I'm rarely on the front page. For a list of Our approved Vendors, please navigate to Our Vendor Section.

As for the tune issue, give it some time. There are people working hard to get tunes written, but writing programs is a time consuming process, even for the best of em. Keep in mind, this is a brand new platform for this car, and the Aftermarket just needs time to do its magic.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Yeah, those are external ads, the ones We have no control over. The banner ads inside the forum are approved vendors(C-F-M, Tire Rack, Focus Power, etc.). I see what You're saying though. For instance, AutoAnything is not a vendor, but they pay for ad space to a hosting company which posts the ad for Them in what is known as Target Marketing. As a general rule for all websites, try to avoid clicking on ads on the main page, and try to stick with approved vendors, as You are less likely to get screwed with no recourse.

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
As a general rule for all websites, try to avoid clicking on ads on the main page, and try to stick with approved vendors, as You are less likely to get screwed with no recourse.
We have removed bad vendors in the past, and we do monitor complaints against the vendor when posted in the Vendor and Seller Reviews section. Please also post positive experiences to help those vendors who go above the call of duty for our members.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A little late to the party here, I was searching for reviews on the gf chip because it popped up in a google search, glad I found this. But I see that everyone seems to agree that it's impossible to chip a focus. Does that mean that the stuff on FSWERKS is also a gimmick?

http://www.focussport.com/sct_flasher.htm

Thanks,
Jeff.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A little late to the party here, I was searching for reviews on the gf chip because it popped up in a google search, glad I found this. But I see that everyone seems to agree that it's impossible to chip a focus. Does that mean that the stuff on FSWERKS is also a gimmick?

Thanks,
Jeff.
I would think so. Any other comments?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
All I can say is that if you think that "chip" will do as advertised, I've got some snake oil & bridges for sale cheap......

PM me for details....

(grin)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

Thanks,
Jeff.
I would think so. Any other comments?

The SCT devices are FLASHERS, not CHIPS.

the flashers do exactly that, reflash the computers ecu with a custom tune file.

those actually work.

www.sctflash.com

the only "chip" that works is the old SCT "flip chips" that attach to the 00-04 focus ecu, that you can turn a switch and choose from 3 or so different programs, but i dont even know if those are supported anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I am surprised that CF performance Chips are allowed to advertize in a window on this site.
They are on a Volvo site I use too. I really think it just the Forum owners needing income to keep the sites up and running and free.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts