Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what it would run (ballpark) to have my 35% on all windows taken off then having something darker put on. I allready have a good idea of what a straight tint runs but it's the removal that concerns me, and is there a chance that a tint shop could muff the job or is it pretty easy? Was thinking that I wanted darker tint for a more polished look as well as removing the dot matrix this time for a completely flawless job. Thanks!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Removing can sometimesbe more expensive then tinting. The back window is a pain in the ass to remove the tint offof, since it has the defroster lines. At the shop I worked at, we charged $15 a window to strip, then the rear depended on the car. I'd figure at least $50 for the back window.

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
how much is it to tint anyways???? (including the dot matrix removal)......

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
for me i had my tint taken off (i had all 6 windows with tint) and new 3m tint put on. it cost me a little less than 300$ but i live in so cal, where everything is overpriced. but i got a warrenty and the shop honored it once, just because i was unhappy with the way a window turned out. so i would say for a good tint job, you are looking at 250$.

·
Registered
583 Posts
oh yah the back window is a pain? damn... i wanna retint my windows to a darker limo 0-5% because they just dont seem to be dark enuf. i see trucks and suvs that have a dark ass tint and u cant see anything! i live in So Cal. anyone know of a place down hewre that has black window tint?

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I'm not mistaken trucks & SUV's are allowed to have darker tint than cars. Alot of it like on all of mine has been factory tinted glass and not film

·
Registered
341 Posts
i had my tint put in by "The Darkside" in Seattle 5% rear 3, 25% 2 sides $175.00 was the quote.... but I do tattoos for a living so we just did a trade.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
window tint stripping here runs for $75, and they do it fast.
my buddy with his nissan 240 with bubbled purple tint got it done a few weeks ago.

He said it's well worth the price, considering it would have taken him many hours to do by hand (if that was even possible, that tint was like glue)

I do believe, some shops will strip the tint off for free as long as you purchase tint and have them install it.

(Hint, these people do Tend to bargain constantly. If they say de-tinting is a $40, or $50 extra charge, tell them that the shop local to your home will do it for free--perhaps they'll change their minds with a quickness to not lose a customer)

·
Registered
297 Posts
i stripped mine off myself in my parking lot at the state police garage. they busted me for being 2 points too dark. pricks. they were tinted for about a year and the car was in the sun all day, came off with no problems, even the rear. i was surprised it didn't rip the back up.

when i was in texas, i knew i guy who just put 50% over his 35%. it came out great. it's a gamble if you have to pay for it to get done and it comes out like crap, but it can be done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts