Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im doing a lot of search right now and could not find anything. so heres my Q. im wanting to get the handling out of my car as if it was dropped with out dropping it. is it possable? i heard that a really good aliment would do the trick. but as of right now i have the front upper and lower front stress bars from fs and the rear stress bar from fs , vf lower motor mount. and now im going to get the steeda sway bars and a good alinment. so would it be possable? reason why i dont wana drop my car is cause winter is a bitch around here and i need the clearance. so ???????

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Start with really good tires on a light set of wheels. Have the freshest suspension you can afford. That means everything from ball joints to tie rod ends and bushings. Use a quality shock with you stock springs. Stock class national autocross champs who can switch out shocks (but not springs) get amazing results from quality (often custom valved) shocks. Then invest in your driving skills.... the best prepared car in the word is equivalent to a piece of crap junker if you don't know how to drive it to its full potential. An alignment is a small piece and individualized piece of the puzzle

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i have the tires, coil overs. naa im good on coilovers. this is my daily driver so i want to keep it the stock hight and improve the handling.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
sounds like you are approaching this the right way.
u need tires, sway bars, shocks, strut bars, camber plates in the front, camber bolt in the back, and bushings (if u want to go that far).

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I think Eibach or H&R swaybars (front and rear) is your answer. Front is very hard to swap, you need to lower front subframe. :(

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^ im not tring to just look good i would rather have it handle better then look better. im picking up the front lower stress bar this sat, then my next suspention upgrade will be prolly the h&r front and rear sway bars. im just going to let the stock shocks and springs go out with time, then i will replace them. thanks for the feed back guys. info is always good.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have you thought about the Svt suspension? I put it on my zx3 and you cant even tell its a little lower and it handles way better. I think that would be your best bet. If your worried about it being lowered half an inch for the winter, get a little larger winter tires. I have gone through a foot of snow no problem with my winter tires and svt suspension.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you thought about the Svt suspension? I put it on my zx3 and you cant even tell its a little lower and it handles way better. I think that would be your best bet. If your worried about it being lowered half an inch for the winter, get a little larger winter tires. I have gone through a foot of snow no problem with my winter tires and svt suspension.
if i bought the svt setup i would might as well buy the frpf set and call it a day. i dont want to screw with the spring or shocks yet till they go bad. im just adding parts that i dont have and getting a good alinment done.[burnout]

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
if i bought the svt setup i would might as well buy the frpf set and call it a day. i dont want to screw with the spring or shocks yet till they go bad. im just adding parts that i dont have and getting a good alinment done.[burnout]
The springs and shocks next to really good tires and wheels are the underlying foundation to a good suspension. You will not make any "significant" improvements to the handling of the car without addressing these components first.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
uh...i agree and disagree

you could do things...

great tires, better bushings, stress bars, and sways to name a few...

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
roll cage
Only if its fully welded in and has over a dozen attachment points. Downside...it makes the interior of the car fully impractical and unusable by more than one or two people, costs a fortune, and adds considerable weight to the car (not sure he's willing to strip out a fairly new car to compensate. An in reality....while it will stiffen the chassis considerably there's no guarantees a cage all by itself will improve a cars handling.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts