Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in August I got my car and used Supreme Shine Protectant - Wipes from Mcguires; how in the world do you get that stuff off? It's been what 8 months and it's still there and it's all oily? Any ideas? I really do not like the look and it's not even; I must have been drunk idk lol. But, I used this stuff in my '97 Dodge Ram before this car and it looked amazing, but for whatever reason, I just am not feeling it and cannot figure out how to get this crap off of my dash and vents -_-. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I thought the stuff was a non greasy formula? As for getting it off, maybe try a very diluted degreaser (test it on an inconspicuous area first to make sure it doesn't damage anything )

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Meguiar's product may have reacted with something that was already on the dash, another interior detailer of some type. The Meguiar's product itself should almost wipe off with a 10:1 ratio cleaner so I doubt that's what you're seeing.

Either way, an all purpose cleaner, diluted, like Simple Green on a microfiber should do the trick. If it's really stubborn, use a stronger ratio of the all purpose cleaner.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I thought the stuff was a non greasy formula? As for getting it off, maybe try a very diluted degreaser (test it on an inconspicuous area first to make sure it doesn't damage anything )
They do^^^ shiney or natural non shiney formula.
The Meguiar's product may have reacted with something that was already on the dash, another interior detailer of some type. The Meguiar's product itself should almost wipe off with a 10:1 ratio cleaner so I doubt that's what you're seeing.

Either way, an all purpose cleaner, diluted, like Simple Green on a microfiber should do the trick. If it's really stubborn, use a stronger ratio of the all purpose cleaner.
This^^^^^^^^^^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts